Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Monster 800 SIE that I recently bought. Does anyone know of a way to loosen the clutch. I do a lot of riding in the city, and by the end of the day my hand is sore as hell! Hopefully someone knows of something. I heard of a clutch slave or something, but I am not quite sure what that is. HELP MY POOR HAND

Thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
get an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder.

it's on the left side of the bike by the engine cover, just in front of the front sprocket.
follow your clutch line down from the handlebars and you'll find it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We carry a few different brands.. most around $200. They will reduce lever pull by up to 25% they claim. We have installed many and they do make a difference, also consider some CRG levers as they will bring the lever in a bit closer to the bars and also help ease the fatigue....

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
If you wish to take the cover off, you could always pull a couple of the springs. Did that to mine with no issue, but I also install a new Barnett at the same time

·
Registered
393 Posts
The soreness goes away after a week or two of riding, once your hand muscles learn to quit complaining and grow up.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
dkguzowski said:
I have a 2003 Monster 800 SIE that I recently bought. Does anyone know of a way to loosen the clutch. I do a lot of riding in the city, and by the end of the day my hand is sore as hell! Hopefully someone knows of something. I heard of a clutch slave or something, but I am not quite sure what that is. HELP MY POOR HAND

Thanks
use a wrench [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
check out www.evoluzione.net. they have the clutch slave cylinder. 20% reduction in force. makes a difference. i have one on mine.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
look on e bay i have just purchased one with 35 % less effort to pull in , and yes its better. the company is in germany , the quaility very good and different anodised colors to suit your bike, and less than 200 hundred of your green backs , just put in " slave cylinder in bike section, good hunting 8)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
ducman851 said:
If you wish to take the cover off, you could always pull a couple of the springs. Did that to mine with no issue, but I also install a new Barnett at the same time
+1 for spring removal. i did it yesterday, the actual friction zone seems to have moved out farther from the grip a bit, but it's a lot easier to pull. I'll probably get the stainless springs (a little stiffer than stock) and cancel out some of the difference, but it's quite noticable and only takes about five minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.