Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any takers???
Weather looks good. The Multi needs to stretch its legs. We just got some Chatter Boxes so the lady and I would like to go for a nice tour around the not so close area, maybe St Helens or something...

Whos in? It won't be a high speed rip and Im not stuck an a specific ride. We would like to go see something that we hadnt yet.

Ray

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah,

Starting out with breakfast somewhere in town is a must. Maybe we could all meet up for breaky...

Start throwing out ideas :)

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Beaterville - Killingsworth and two blocks West of Denver (I forget the cross street)

or, .... ?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Mount St. Helens to Johnston Observatory is pretty cool. May be a bit cold this time of year, but that shouldnt be a problem with proper gear.

I5 to Castle Rock, take 504 up to the observatory.

Web site says its open "through" October. :)

There is also the Portland, to Carson, to Cougar run. Its a nice ride, with some pretty cool views.

In either case, I think Im 100% in.

Maurice

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Help me out...

What part of town ore we talking for Beaterville and Genies?
Oh, wait..."SE Division St" (SE, Duh)

Beaterville???

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Beaterville is in NoPo. :)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
beaterville = 3 blocks for mo-man.

I might be in. I gots to get my car on the road and study a little bit. It's weird studying, 3 years out of school...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sunday sounds good for a ride. Genies is a good place, so is Beaterville. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
ION TORPEDO said:
I'm in-- [clap]

What time?
Castle Rock is about an hour or so north of us, if we want to miss any potential traffic heading up to the observatory, then we should try and be there semi early. I would be willing to meet at 8am to eat somewhere, take an hour or so to eat, then head up.

Maybe Denny's at Jantzen Beach would be a better local for breakfast? Its right off of I5, and they serve fairly quickly. Beaterville can take awhile some mornings.

This is Ray's ride, so I will leave the details up to him. :)

Maurice

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Visolara said:
Castle Rock is about an hour or so north of us, if we want to miss any potential traffic heading up to the observatory, then we should try and be there semi early. I would be willing to meet at 8am to eat somewhere, take an hour or so to eat, then head up.

Maybe Denny's at Jantzen Beach would be a better local for breakfast? Its right off of I5, and they serve fairly quickly. Beaterville can take awhile some mornings.

This is Ray's ride, so I will leave the details up to him. :)

Maurice
Denny's kinda sucks. I mean, it's okay for what it is... but, well, you know.
Why don't we try for some hippy-dippy joint outside of town? Course, then we have to figger out where to meet and all that. I still can't decide what bike to ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm...
hippy-dippy sounds better to me than Denny's but I don't know of anything outside of town. Since we are headed north maybe we should meet somewhere on the North-end of town. Can Beaterville seat a large group??? Or is there another joint in the North that has good atmosphere, food and space. I hear that the Tin Shead has great French Toast but I think that they are smallish...

Bye the way if you don't know the route, we'll be taking Maurice's suggestion of going to the observatory. Bundle up! Oh, and 8:00 to 9:00am sounds like a good idea for breakfast.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
ducatideals.com said:
hmmm...
hippy-dippy sounds better to me than Denny's but I don't know of anything outside of town. Since we are headed north maybe we should meet somewhere on the North-end of town. Can Beaterville seat a large group??? Or is there another joint in the North that has good atmosphere, food and space. I hear that the Tin Shead has great French Toast but I think that they are smallish...

Bye the way if you don't know the route, we'll be taking Maurice's suggestion of going to the observatory. Bundle up! Oh, and 8:00 to 9:00am sounds like a good idea for breakfast.
Tin shed has outdoor seating, picnic table style, but it's a bit trendy, so expect a bit of a wait.

Gravy's is ****in' awesome for breakfast, but ultra-trendy, so expect a long wait.

There used to be this great place that never had a wait, but had the best food, but they went out of business.

How many are we?

Ray +1
Morilla
Ian
Elias
Victor
Jon?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
how about we meet for breakfast at Jubitz, its near I5 and has decent, quick (mostly) breakfast.

Here is the directions from thier website;

From I-5 North: Take exit 307 then veer right towards Marine Drive East. Turn left at the first stop sign onto Marine Drive East. At the next stop sign, turn right onto N. Vancouver Way and continue for about 3/4 of a mile. We will be on your left. The Map

Whats a good time? 8 to 9am works for me, we should try and be at Castle Rock by 10am IMO.

Maurice

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, sounds like Maurice is the decision maker [clap]
Jubitz, never heard of it but am always down with checking out new joints.
8:30ish
Suggestion, arrive with a ful gas tank unless there is a station near by...?

See you in the morning peeps!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ducatideals.com said:
Okay, sounds like Maurice is the decision maker [clap]
Jubitz, never heard of it but am always down with checking out new joints.
8:30ish
Suggestion, arrive with a ful gas tank unless there is a station near by...?

See you in the morning peeps!
Jubitz is THE truck stop in the area.

I think you can gas up there. ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts