Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two threads on rider "size" and monsters.

I can't put in a poll that correlates height, weight and Monster model, so let's start with this. It seems we've got some big boys on Monsters out there. Ones I've met locally have tended to the lean to average end of the spectrum. Now I'm curious what the rider weight distribution is on this forum.

And this in in "General Monster" because I'm interested in Monster riders...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no matter what you do.....

there's always an "outlyer"

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I am going to start working out again. Hopefully I can get back below 190. I weighed myself when I was back home this weekend and I have lost about 5 pounds since I moved to TX. I figure this is a cheap mod for me. If I actually lose another 20 pounds, that will make the bike go faster, and it wont cost me a dime!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta admit, the ranges I chose were influenced by the big guys who posted on the other threads. I was afraid I'd run out of categories!

I should definately have put an under 125 category in. I don't think there will be too much call for "under 100" even among women monsters. Wonder if I can edit the poll?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I modified the categories and it screwed the poll up big time!!!!

The software didn't move the votes with the shifted categories.

I removed my vote and re-voted.

If everyone who voted does the same, this will be meaninfgul.
Otherwise it's a total waste of time/BW :-/

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Hey, Loki, you can always get on that old-fashioned MCRD weight-loss plan... free haircut, too!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hey, Loki, you can always get on that old-fashioned MCRD weight-loss plan... free haircut, too!
Been there done that! When I went to San Diego in '92 I was a whopping 134#'s! I got out a bit over 140, was 20/80 and could do the three miles in 19:00. Now I am 2/10 and have a hard time driving a car 3 miles in 19:00!
Sure do miss my visits to the quarter deck, cleaning toilets with my boot brush and those 3 minute trips to the chow hall.
Hey Sapper- you wouldnt happen to have any contacts at the San Antonio Recruiting Station would you? I have been trying to get through to them but only get voicemails...

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Rgr. PM me with which section (admin, etc.) you're trying to get ahold of, and I'll make it happen. Oh, for the record, I am a Texan myself - Farmer's Branch (just N of I-635, N of Dallas). Many moons ago. Oh, and those 3-min chow hall trips do help shed the pounds, right?

T

·
0 Posts
Gotta admit, the ranges I chose were influenced by the big guys who posted on the other threads. I was afraid I'd run out of categories!

I should definately have put an under 125 category in. I don't think there will be too much call for "under 100" even among women monsters. Wonder if I can edit the poll?

Don, Thanks for trying!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
only the creator of the poll can edit the poll... just click "Edit" on your 1st post...

I haven't voted yet b/c if you're planning on editing it, my response will be different...

you might want to put these categories in...

~ poster child for anorexia
~ 90 - 100 lbs
~ 101 - 105
~ 106 - 115
~ 116 - 124

that should take care of most of the women riders as well.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Daffe,

Todne was quoting me in her message above but didn't get the quote into a quote field so it looks like her post.

I DID edit the poll, but I can't actually manipulate the data already collected. So anyone who responded BEFORE I changed the categories would have to withdraw their vote (there's a button on the poll results panel for that) and then re-vote.

The software won't allow enough categories to use 5 pound bins as you suggest. Given that we don't have a whole lot of women on the board, I think adding the category from 125 to 150 covers it adequately. So many, maybe most, of the women will be in the "under 125" category.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry,

IF I added another category, it'd be under 100! I'm not deviating from my 25 lb bins!

Looks like I don't need the over 275 bin....yet ;D

But I don't want to muck the data up again :-[

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
So, other than me, who are the other two folks who are under 125? (I'm 118 soaking wet ;D ))

Uncle_Duck

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say Daffe and Lori

1 - 18 of 18 Posts