Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the rest of the Metro ducatisti doing to cope w/ the winter? Anyone have some new little trinkets to adorn their ride that they wanna share? I wish i was the 'outta sight outta mind' type, but im not, So i had to bring the little lady into the Dining Room, where i can ooogle. Just makes me want to ride even more, but i cant, so i buy things instead to fullfill this vacancy in me created by the cold. Little clutch covers and such, oh, and the bike is new too. I scour the boards looking for interesting reads, sign up for trackdays that are 5 months away, subscribe to multiple magazines, walk around the house in my leathers..all this to help deal. What about the rest, how we doin?
Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
See here. Tis true one can't expect to really ride in this type of weather what with the tires never being able to get up to temp and all but I'd rather be commuting, doing errands, and going on shorter rides on the slab on my bike than not cause it sure beats the h*ll out of taking the subway or not riding at all!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I thought I was the only one that goes insane that bad [laugh] [laugh]. I too have issues waiting for the winter to pass. I scour the List to see what everybody else is doing every minute I'm home. I have the DML bug also which is bad. I bought 7 jackets since November, 3 pairs of pants, 4 helmets ( 2 here), bought sold and traded 4 seats,pazzo brake levers,rearsets,3 sets of mirrors,clutch covers, I could go on and on. I even went as far as getting a wireless adapter and a laptop for the garage so when I am in there staring at my bike, I can bid on Ebay without losing a beat !. So no, for me there isn't an escape for me until the warm weather hits and I can go let out my 2 wheeled desires. That's how I handle my cold.-MM

update 1/31: see it's too cold!, I just bought another Monster from desmojoe !!

·
Registered
189 Posts
MichMonsterS4...

wow, my hat goes off to you... that is a lot of shopping.... I just suck it up and ride...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It was really nice for a while, riding in december and all... but now it is DAMN cold. Got rearsets coming, and a complete SBK front end to put on. No sense in having two track tanks (two with dents) so I think I might get one painted too. Matte black and maybe some retro double line ducati on the side, similar to IndustialGrls bike, minus the reflectors. My Christmas bonus is completely gone and if it doesnt get warm soon im going to be broke! So much for a track bike...

E

·
0 Posts
I usually break down my track bike, clean and replace whatever needs it. Think up new track skin themes. Sometimes I'll grab a few cold beers late at night, make my way to the garage and sit on my bike making vroom vroom sounds. ;D

When that doesn't help I go boarding to quench the need for speed. Abeit, my lack of speed in snow...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i put on all my gear and play Motogp4 on the PS2.

i'm not riding again till it gets warm, i got sick from the last time and there's ice on the ground now.

GL out there if your still riding, be safe

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
My second cold in a month! Damned thin L.A. blood... I've also put new shoes on my baby and repainting her to look dark. No all's I gotta do is get her back from my boys in Cali ::)

-Dan

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Today I kept people warm by delivering 6000 gallons of heating oil!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
How much do you need? [thumbsup]

Toasty wants to drive the oil truck!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
One tankful every three weeks during the remainder of the heating season should work. The other day Toasty was so cold he tried to plug himself in.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
howie said:
The other day Toasty was so cold he tried to plug himself in.
Now that is some funny shiiite! [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts