Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been to the track a few times on my honda andwhen I get my monster I would like to take it to the track as well. Just wondering how they handle etc at th track.

thanks
Michelle

R

·
0 Posts
they handle really well...very flickable...usually takes some adjustments to stop dragging pegs and stuff....but I have had nothing but fun on the track.
C.R.A. in MN. where I am, they run 620's and are currently 2nd and 3rd in their class overall and will race again this week-end.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think my 2002 M750Si.e. has much in the way of suspention adjustments...is it too soft for the track?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Well Lori, your bike does have rear preload adjustment so you can set for static sag.

You don't have front preload, but you're probably a lot closer to the design weight (~150 lbs) than most of us so I wouldn't sweat it. While you may not have a competetive racer there, you'll have plenty of corner clearance for track days.

You also have rebound adjustment front and back (I'm pretty sure). That should be set properly to avoid "pump down."

Pump-down is when the shock rebounds too slowly so that it compresses due to sequential bumps, and ends up consuming much of its travel.

It'd be nice to have compression adjustment so you could give it a couple more clicks for track days, but don't let that keep you off the track. It'll be a while before you outride that setup.

M

·
0 Posts
I have a 2002 620ie dark and just went to the track for the first time. Gotta say the little monster just flew. I scraped the pegs once and I think this will improve as my riding position does. My husband has same bike but red and this was his 2nd track day with it and he scraped pipes once last time but since learning the correct positioning for cornering he hasn't scraped at all. The little bikes just fly through the turns.

·
Registered
21 Posts
At several tracks we attend here in Texas there are a number of suspension guys there that will set your suspension up for $30. Well worth it if you don't know what you are doing. should be like a 5 second check to see if you have adjusters. if there are flat tip adjusters at the top of the fork in the center then it is adjustable...My 04 800ie, non adjustable forks and shock. You can change spring preload but dampning is not adjustable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts