Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

How about this jacket?

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  splinter996 
#1 ·
#2 ·
OMG that is one sweet jacket! I like the MH-01 better too. It would look very good with my black monster. $700 is a lot to think about though when my odometer currently reads 5700 miles and I'm heading into a holiday weekend, if you catch my drift :-/

#11 ·
I have been trying to find out that exact info from Vanson UK - haven't heard back in a week. The fact that the jacket doesn't accept any armor is most likely a deal breaker for me. Got a feeling alot of these jackets are going to get put up somewhere to look at and not be ridden in - dang shame, dang dang dang shame.

Too bad 'bout the armour- cuz I still likey the jackety.

#12 ·
I was at Vanson's earlier this summer. Apparently their jackets are the new North Face in the city-which is to say, it's what people are wearing for fashion in NYC similiar to North Face products several years ago. And just like the people who wore North Face had no interest in summiting McKinley, this new crop doesn't ride bikes. So Vanson is developing a line of jackets that are more fashionable than functional. They will be cheaper than the real deal and as such will not have all the features and will be built of a thinner fashion weight leather (their term, not mine!). Be wary. Although not the case with this particular jacket, what I noticed it that the fashion jackets seem to be sized in traditional S, M, L, XL while MC jackets are still sized by chest size.

By the way, I'm not a Vanson hata!! In fact, I hope to buy one this winter.

#13 ·
I think I saw Poppa Diddy pop pop and Usher wearing one. I know Usher (or Usha) wearing a red perf one at last years MTV music awards. Not a fan of Usher - but that would in part explain some of the street wear.

I guess if something is expensive and people start to know that - it gets a new following. Ie northface - how many people actually need all those damn zippers and protection to walk around a city? I guess if you are walking around wearing a Vanson jacket with armor and get hit by a car crossing the street - your elbows and back might remain in tact... ;D

Some of the Vanson stuff was always made for casual wear - but the proper sports motorcycle stuff was always purpose made. I think I would pissmypants laughing if I saw a guy walking around the city in a full set of racing leathers while trying to make a fashion statement. :p

#14 ·
... I think I would pissmypants laughing if I saw a guy walking around the city in a full set of racing leathers while trying to make a fashion statement. :p
Check out the latest issue of GQ (September 2003 - the one with Johnny Knoxville on the cover) - there's a spread on page 385 of a model wearing leather motorcycle pants designed by Boss Hugo Boss, worn with a double-breasted suit jacket, a red hooded sweatshirt and Reebok sneakers. Huh? I'm into fashion and all, but that one just made no sense to me.

G
#15 ·
That jacket is cool I thought about it myself but the one he wore for Ducati was the Red & white which I don't much care for. As far as the skeleton one I saw a guy with the one piece at the track except he had broken bones on his representing every one he broke on the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.