Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..
I've recently taken ownership of this bike, and im trying to identify this hose and what it comes off of.

also, what if anything attaches to this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dunno dude, bought this beast for 2000 bucks. definitely needs some TLC, is that whats in the second pic? the oil cooler? I got some weird hesitation upon acceleration out of first, like your driving an old car thats stick, lol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've doodled on your pics.
Blue, stainless braid are the oil cooler lines.
Red, possibly the fuel tank over flow line, looks long enough to run to the bottom of the fuel tank, pull your seat off and flip the tank up to see.
Green, don't think it should run there. Probably pollution/evaporative control that's been messed with.
20210710_141735.jpg

In your second pic the green bit looks like something to do with emission control, possibly related to the green line in first pic.
Was your bike a California bike? I think they had extra pollution gear.
The blue bit should? be the pollution box/oil trap that all ducs have, it should have a hose to the breather in the back of the engine and one to the air filter box.
20210710_141749.jpg

Useful link for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where the green circle is, im pretty sure is fuel related, but the parts diagram doesnt display it as such, so im not 100% on it, this is a Cali bike BTW. the line thought to goto fuel overflow doesnt appear to be that because when i lifted the tank all ports were occupied. and yet again, another mystery line is hanging.. so frustrating..

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've never seen the canister that I circled in green.
I guess it's USA only for pollution gear.
I wonder if that line goes to the carbies?
Where is the other end? Just dumps to the ground?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did read somewhere Calif. bikes must have a charcoil filter on the tank ventilation. Probably previous owner rerouted the hose already and "forgot" to remove the filter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i almost want to take a video to see if there are any other bits out of place, i don't think i have the funds to take it to a dealer. 😑...thanks all for your advice this far. Im just proud to finally own a Duc., even though its a fixxer upper. And i may post alot more questions.

·
Registered
355 Posts
here's a picture of a similar emissions unit for Ducati mounted on side of front cylinder.
shows basic routing of tubes.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If the canister has been disconnected, Then make sure the two tubes that go to the inlet manifolds on each cylinder are in fact blocked off.
( limegreen 'u' shape in QLDs4 first picture.)
otherwise they could suck air and cause missing at low throttle, I think you mentioned it ran weird on acceleration .
Most just replace with 'end caps' like on an old vacuum advance thing on a distributor.

btw, the oil cooler looks like a small radiator at the front, just above the front horizontal cylinder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
per the last suggestion, they do look like they might accommodate the hoses, however the hoses do not go over them :( too snug.

and then there's this..

Seperate note.. this looks like a jerry rig... is it legit? its from the front.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it doesn't look like you can order these hoses from ducati, perhaps thats why the parts diagram dont really show you the routing. i should probabl just get a service manual. but Im just going to replace the breather hoses cause they look ratty, does anyone know the diameter of the hoses? maybe I can just get them at an auto parts store

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here is another diagram. It shows where the emission pipes go.
I would get your self a manual, PM me with your email and I can send you a PDF manual which has schematic layouts of all hoses. like these.

and this.

hope this helps, but get the manual, it helps a lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts