Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my helmet on today to go for a short ride.
Travelling down my dirt driveway i noticed a small clump of twigs just outside my field of focusable vision on my faceplate.
After attempting to brush them away i realized they were on the inside, and they were moving.
Twords my face.
And in fact.. they werent tiwgs at all.. they were a rather large spider.. and they were now on my eyebrow.
I freaked out, almost dropped the bike because i squeezed the brakes too hard and skidded (on the dirt) then gained control and dropped the kickstand before stripping down to my skivvies in my front yard. having found nothing on my person i checked the helmet. Sure nuff the little f**cker was still in there.
Turns out he was a rabid wolf spider.
Harmless.

However he causes heart attacks in elderly people which is why they are called rabid.

Thank god im not elderly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Right...so I'll never be able to put a helmet on without spending 2 minutes checking it for spiders now...

Thanks.

Wolf Spiders are everywhere here in Kansas. We had one outside my front door who's legs had a diameter of 8cm. UNREAL.

-Danimal

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Danimal said:
Right...so I'll never be able to put a helmet on without spending 2 minutes checking it for spiders now...

Thanks.

Wolf Spiders are everywhere here in Kansas. We had one outside my front door who's legs had a diameter of 8cm. UNREAL.

-Danimal
At least it wasn't a brown recluse which is also all over missouri and kansas.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right! thats what i thought it was at first, they are abundant in Southern california too. and industrial girrrrrl.. it took everything i had to calmly put the kickstand down. I honestly flipped out. Screaming, slamming on the front brake, skidding out, taking my clothes off (i still cant figure that one out), rustling my hair and brushing of my face, head and body. My neighbors must have thought i had been posessed.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Ya pussy. I woulda just stuck out my tongue in my helmet to snag him, swallowed the bugger whole, and rode away grinning. ;D

That, or I woulda jumped off the bike shrieking (while it was still moving) and spent the rest of the day in my mommy's lap whimpering. Definitely one of those two things. ;)

P.S. Good on ya for putting the bike's well-being above yours. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah that was a big part. after the inital danger was gone, i just kinda paced around with my hand on my head trying to figure out if it had actually happend, or if my days of psychedelic experimentation had come back to bite me in the ass (or eyebrow).

this reminds me of the time i found a 6 foot constrictor in my attic bedroom in philadelphia.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
CliveS2R said:
Put my helmet on today to go for a short ride.
Travelling down my dirt driveway i noticed a small clump of twigs just outside my field of focusable vision on my faceplate.
After attempting to brush them away i realized they were on the inside, and they were moving.
Twords my face.
And in fact.. they werent tiwgs at all.. they were a rather large spider.. and they were now on my eyebrow.
I freaked out, almost dropped the bike because i squeezed the brakes too hard and skidded (on the dirt) then gained control and dropped the kickstand before stripping down to my skivvies in my front yard. having found nothing on my person i checked the helmet. Sure nuff the little f**cker was still in there.
Turns out he was a rabid wolf spider.
Harmless.

However he causes heart attacks in elderly people which is why they are called rabid.

Thank god im not elderly.
I would have probably crashed. Good job keeping your cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-jgYMyO6tM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54eKEj6Y0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWrw2m8_5k

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:eek: ooooo i hate spiders i would have crashed and then some :-X.......

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Danimal said:

Thanks.

-Danimal
Ahhhhhh, people in this country measure in CM? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Danimal said:

Thanks.

-Danimal
was about to ask what part of kansas you were in, but then noticed you're in manhattan.

i'm down in wichita.

/threadjack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts