Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to leave the office and head home (hate that long 5 minute commute [cheeky]). Made some brackets in the shop today that will enable me to do
a tail chop on the bike. Might remove the frame warning stickers and reflectors while I'm at it. Nothing better to do on a rainy evening! (Well, ALMOST nothing better to do ;))

·
Registered
207 Posts
Remember measure twice, cut once. (The correct way)

As opposed to just grabbing the hacksaw using the eyeball
measure and cutting away. ( My way)

One of these days I would like to have a commute shorter than an hour.

Good luck with the tail chop.

Damon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - that is allways good advice! I've done a lot of fab work on street rods, race cars etc. over the years. I have had a few of those "character building"
experiences from NOT measuring twice! ;D Sometimes when I canr ride due to weather etc., I just like to fire up the lights in the garage, crank up some laid back music and "tinker" with my bike or car. Old habits die hard!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm with you on that.
My 5 y/o son asked me if I was going to put a bed in my garage so I could start sleeping out there. :-\

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All done - looks much better! Just need a couple of plugs for the frame tubes and one fuse (yep - pincged one of the tail light wires - blew the fuse). Clearanced my bracket, repaired the wire - all is good :) Of course my wife had to come and comment "you just can't leave any vehicle alone can you"
Nope...

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
let see her new tail [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
don't forget to put a bit of paint on the raw ends to prevent rust before putting the plugs on (just stop by webster bike or bay area schwinn, those bicycle plugs work well)...

and make sure the angle of the license plate does not put the license in the path of the rear wheel's vertical travel, many many a monster owner has had their license plates completely torn off due to that problem... [thumbsup]

I plan on putting my new orbital buffer to some work tonight since the rain should be gone, but still a bit wet to be doing anything on the roads ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Allready masked of the ends of the frame rails and painted them last night. Angle of license plate is good (check :)). Yeah, Bay Area Schwinn and Bike Barn on BAy Area Blvd are near the house - so I'll take care of that tonight...

I took the time to trim and paint all of the brackets that I made... Too bad the roads are still wet tonight - I was looking forward to a ride to Mings - Oh well,
maybe next week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts