Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a good thread. Aside from a good set of socket wrenches, and screw drivers, and whatnot. How do you guys set up your garage? For metalwork? For basic mnt? Some photos might be nice too.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey Adam,

Since I'm also a cyclist the one thing that I would recommend is a good set of Allen wrenches, I've got a set from Park that are great.

gnew

been to Shakespeare's lately? As a Jayhawk, I can say that its the only reason to go to Columbia ;D

G

·
Pics of a home garage... Check with Strati, he has a recliner, and wall to wall carpet in his "work space". ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Being a California garage, mine is set up for storing a lot of stuff while still being able to occasionally get to the work bench. ;)

I'm lucky to be able to put my S2000, ST2, and a dirt bike in there. The lawn mower has to sit out in the rain.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
In addition to the usual collection of tools, I have a small bench drillpress and bandsaw. The bandsaw is supposed to be for wood only, but I've cut aluminum on it with no problem. Picked them up at Home Depot for about 100 bucks each. I thought it was a little overkill, but I've used them both enough to justify the purchase (at least in my mind!). But, my garage is also like Scott's; I have to move everything out of the way to get to them!!!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
There're are a few background shots of my garage in my "member's pics" area. If you're starting with nothing, get a starter tool kit & a good box. You should be able to find them for about $3-500 total. Add a 4x8 sheet of pegboard & a couple of shelves. After that: vice; air compressor; die grinder; torque wrench;....................until you have more tools than money. Then you die.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gnew,

I too am/was a cyclist :-D and chances are I have that same set of Park Allen wrenches. There are some great mtb trails around here... and there's a fat-tire-series race here in columbia That I keep trying to go to, but something always comes up (sad).

As for shakespears :-D just went last weekend. Kind of pricey though, if I get there twice a sem I'm happy. Gumby's is the poor mans pizza :-D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not pictured are two elevated work stations. A tig welding machine with dedicated bench. Grinders and sanders, bead blast cabinet, computer work area, etc....

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Not pictured are two elevated work stations. A tig welding machine with dedicated bench. Grinders and sanders, bead blast cabinet, computer work area, etc....

That is my goal :)

mitt

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
908ssp! You're a real, live, person... and you responded to my thread :-D Wow! I'm blown away. That bike is spectacular!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts