Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upper 30's on the ride to work this morning. I need some of that electric old-man clothing crap.

**End of whine**

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Privateer said:
went to disneyland sunday with the family and i've never seen so many people wearing coat, gloves, and scarves when the sun is up.

totally and completely unacceptable.
[laugh]

my favorite is when the hipsters are wearing scarves during the "off-season".. ::) coming from the guy who just posted it's too cold to ride, when the high for the day will be 70 in december... ;D

·
Registered
445 Posts
I put heated grips on the Monster a couple years ago. WORTH EVERY PENNY! And I don't care what names you call me to make yourself feel better about being cold ;)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
i just got back from riding from anaheim to corona, my daily commute. 40F feels like 34F, the only part of me that was cold was my hands with full leather gloves and glove liners on. i love that burning sensation about 10 minutes after the ride, lets you know they're still attached.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ciao Fun said:
How thick does this vest feel under your leathers? Does it feel like you're wearing a jacket one size smaller? More?

Thanks
One size smaller is probably a close description.

Due to the demands of arm and torso length, the torso on my jacket is plenty roomy....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How does that heating vest work? Where does the electricity come from? Battery? I'm think I'm supposed to know since it says 12V DC but I don't remember whether DC is battery or AC is battery... [cheeky]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup it has been cold for sure riding in the morning down PCH along the coast...what do you do for them frozen fingers? I got gloves and inserts and still they're claws by the time I get to work. At stop lights I like to warm them down near the engine...mmmmm warm like jelly donuts

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
The vest hooks to the bike battery.
My Gerbings came with all of the wiring necessary to do the job.
I got the setup that has an controller, so I can throttle the heat.
That said, most of the time I've got it running at max, so the version that just has the switch would be adequate.

IMO, with the vest, heated handgrips are unnecessary.
When your body starts getting cold, the first thing it does is reduce blood flow to the extremities, so that it can keep warm blood flowing to all of the internal organs.
That's one of the reasons why your hands and feet get cold first.
If you keep your torso warm, the blood flow to your extremities doesn't get reduced.
So your hands and feet stay (relatively) warm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts