Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a whole in every part theory.
If you cut a hologram in two you get two wholes.....there is a theory that the brain also works like a hologram.....Pietsch a biologist trying to dis prove that theory devised a series of test using salamanders......he had discovered in earlier studies that he could remove the brain without killling it, and although it remained in a stupor, it's

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a whole in every part theory.
If you cut a hologram in two you get two wholes.....there is a theory that the brain also works like a hologram.....Pietsch a biologist trying to dis prove that theory devised a series of test using salamanders......he had discovered in earlier studies that he could remove the brain without killling it, and although it remained in a stupor, it's

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh it gets better.....even Einstein gets involved with this one.
it's a fun read for the most part......mostly theories on the
concept of the universe as a giant hologram containing both matter and consciousness.....theories from University of London physicist David Bohm and Karl Pribram, a neurophysiologist from Stanford.
You have to remember that the latest big bang photo's had nasa scientists giddy as school kids....because they found so much stuff
out there, here, is composed of dark matter and no one knows what the heck it is or how it works...I find it to be excitin' times.....and a good way to look at things in a new light.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
nope. I actually just found out a few months ago. No strange urges, other than putting cats in microwaves. Thats normal right?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mathematical language of the hologram;

Dennis Gabor's theory that later won him a nobel prize......was mathematical. He was trying to improve the electron microscope, back in the 40's. His approach used a type of caculus invented by Jean B.J. Fourier. Roughly speaking it was a way to mathematically convert any pattern no matter how complex into a language of simple waves. He also showed how these waves could be converted back into the original pattern. Known as Fourier transforms. In fact the special whole in every part of a hologram is one of the by products when an image or pattern is translated into Fourier language. These transforms are what allowed Gabor to convert a picture of an object into the blur of interference patterns on a piece of holographic film. And also allowed him a way to convert those patterns back into an image of the original object. in the 70's neurophysiologists Karen and Russel De Valois
discovered that each brain cell in the visual cortex responded to a different pattern. They went on to prove that the brain was actually responding not to the original patterns, but to Fourier translations of the patterns. The brain was using Fourier mathematics to convert visual images into the Fourier language of wave forms. It did not take Pibram long to realize after looking into other research on hearing and skin to start looking for ways to establish evidence that we rely on using frequency analysis to interpret the world around us.
In the 1930's a Russian scientist, Nikolai Berstein filmed dancers in black leotards on a black background with white dots on knees, elbows, head, and other joints, so that when viewing the film one would see only the white dots. He Fourier analyzed the various lines the dots traced out and converted them into the language of wave forms. To his surprise he discovered the wave forms contained hidden patterns that enabled him to predict his subjects next move to within fractions. When Pribram encountered his work
he recognized through implication, an exciting possibility that if the brain analyzed complex movement into their frequency patterns it would help to explain the rapidity with which we learn
complex tasks like riding a motorcycle.

To be continued;

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey it's not easy translating all those frequencies....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so Einstein made some mathematical observations that to him he had to pass on because he could not imagine the universe worked that way. That it might be finite.....eventually though his "mistake" has been supported more and more....First by Hubble the man not the telescope......and further discoveries by studying novi and the microwave energy left from the big bang....it seems there is an energy sometimes called dark energy that expands like a balloon creating expansion of space, and not only is it expanding, but speeding up.
Long story short if it expands far enough everything will be too far away to exist......only space will exist.....
So on to the holographic universe........Einstein said you cannot travel faster than the speed of light......however physicists found that particles split off from the same atom although hundreds of millions of miles apart reacted to each other in the same instant.
For example if one particle would rotate in a different direction the other would do so also simultaneuosly. This questioned the speed of light limit and still does, but Bohm put forth that despite the distance in space there is no separation in the particles. Which in theory means nothing is separate from anything......
hehe so it appears ......there is literally no difference between your brain and a rock.
to be continued.....

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
are we teaching Tony basic astrophysics and quantum theory now?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I think it would be nice for tony to understand all of us are made of things that posses no dimension...it always makes the eventual procto exams go smoother in the end....and nonlocality
just makes the world a better place......

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
dang, i just got done reading all that stuff, and while going back to summarize i now realize how you got to "BLABBERMOUTH" status! ;) haha!! where you finding all this stuff? have you read a brief history of time by stevie hawking? i read it when i can't get to sleep at night.

"...then 2+2 is, uh, 2+2 is..."
"4!!"
"good job, ogre"

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stevie and I go way back.......ifin ya like him....there are some awesome books to go nighty nite with.....besides the one tony uses....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Jeffery Dahmer was my 5th cousin! no lie!!!

TJ... stop lying to people!! We are not related to the skin eating gross guy!!! [smiley=veryangry.gif]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Okayl... my brain hurts now!!! I really don't know if I'll actually make it for coffee at 9:30 now!!! This is going to keep me awake for the rest of the night now!!! Tony... You have to be kidding me!!! We better not be related to that disgusting idiot!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts