Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in town for the holiday and want to get together for a ride?

I would be up for a ride Friday, Saturday, or Sunday....

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll be in town, but have to f'n work Friday :'( from 9 a.m. until hopefully half day???... and Sat. from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. probably :'(

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rule62 said:
South Mountain to start the day and then another run up Usury Pass?
Any votes on where to go from there? Which day is best for everyone? I wouldn't mind going to Payson, or we could try the Bartlet/Camp Creek run again, but this time without the wild horses, rez dogs, etc... Maybe lunch up north? Anyone have any ideas about the best day for traffic? I figure if everyone is shoping then the roads out of town might be alright...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
SheMonster said:
What's up with your bike?
I am having a new little bit of heaven put on her.

Anyone suggested Prescott yet? I am supposedly only going to need to have my bike in the shop for one day. I have to decide soon though because I need to schedule an appointment.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
pennyrobber said:
I am having a new little bit of heaven put on her.

Anyone suggested Prescott yet? I am supposedly only going to need to have my bike in the shop for one day. I have to decide soon though because I need to schedule an appointment.
Shops are not open on Sundays, so take the bike in and get it back for a Sunday ride.

Saturday or Sunday work better for me, but I do go whenever.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I'd prefer Saturday or Sunday. I wanna join the masses of poor souls who actually shop on "Black Friday".

On Thursday, I'll be taking a quick South Mountain run before Thanksgiving. As soon as I know exactly when I'm headed up, I'll post. My buddy had a Triumph Speedmaster (cruiser) and he's never done the mountain. We'll be taking it super slow.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
rule62 said:
I'd prefer Saturday or Sunday. I wanna join the masses of poor souls who actually shop on "Black Friday".
Are you going to camp out in front of the store next to you bike?

So they can't take the bike in until next Wednesday. Saturday or Sunday also work for me. (no boat traffic on the way to Prescott) ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might join you on Thursday Rule, since I will be dropping off the kids at there mom's around 9 am. What time were you going to do South Mountain?

Also I can do a short morning run Saturday before I head in to work for some OT :-\

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like Saturday is the common denomonator. I would be up for lunch in Prescott as well, but probably wouldn't want to do south mountain first. I have been hearing all day on the radio about the beefed up highway patrol for the holiday weekend. Might be a casual run. We could be back in town by 2:00 no problem.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Landshark, my friend Kerry (on his triumph cruiser), and I are headed up SM around 10 Thurs morning.

D's plan above sounds good for Saturday. What time/where are we gonna meet?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If we head north, we need to bundle up: Prescott, Sat H 57° L 29°, but I'm up for it, just need to dig out the long underwear and glove liners :)

It looks like there is an IHOP on Bell and the 101. We could meet there say 8:00am Sat morning, and then head out by 9:00? It's a straight shot over on Bell to Grand Ave, and out to Wickenberg from there. Let me know if I'm headed the right way with this, or if another route/destination is preferred. For those of you with work obligations, get those hours in outside of "ride time" and come with us! (That's what I'm doing....)

Can we start a roll call? I'll start, just cut-and-paste and add your name.

Going on Saturday:

Dietrich

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Per D:

Going on Saturday:

Dietrich
DucDucDave

Anyone considering going on to Sedona?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ducducdave said:
Per D:

Going on Saturday:

Dietrich
DucDucDave
Charles

Anyone considering going on to Sedona?
I miss riding in the cold!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm assuming Pennyrobber is in, and I may be up fpr continuing on to Sedona, and possibly coming back down through Payson. Best ride in AZ. I'll bring a couple of maps just in case. We'll play it by ear. I'll be eating breakfast about 8:00 at the IHOP. See you guys there!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts