Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

HJC AC-11 or CL-14?

941 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CETME 
#1 ·
Both of these seemed to fit my wife the best. Since they are both Snell 2000/DOT is there really any difference between the composite fiberglass/kevlar construction of the AC-11 and the polycarbonate CL-14? That and the replaceable interior (AC-11) seem to be the only differences for the $40-50 price differential.

#2 ·
I've had both helmets and I like the AC-11 somewhat better. It's slightly lighter, and has a nicer looking profile IMO, though both are black and scratch ridiculously easily. The AC-11 also comes with a full snap-out mouth/nose breath guard and better vents. I also think it fits me a little better. I found that after a while riding the CL-14 would push back on my head just a bit, the AC-11 does not do that at all.

#4 ·
I have both as well.. the CL-14 is my passenger helmet.....

The AC-11 is much more comfortable for me... it also feels and looks more "expensive" I would definitely spend the extra money.... I wish I did for my passenger helmet...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.