Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
21%? That's despicable. Get those votes in Hooligans!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I started riding monsters (a M750 in '99) a local group that I ride with go out 1st Sunday of every month. Mid 1999 there was usually 10 to 20 people with at least 50% monsters.

Last Sunday went out with 14 riders, just 2 monsters (a M750 and my S4). A couple of multistradas have joined in, with an even mix of ST's, supersports and hypersports. Of the hypersports (superbikes), there was only one 999, the rest were 996/8's and 748's. The guys on the ST's had monsters before there current ST's.

How times change.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
There is some pretty good wallpaper selections on there. I got the one of the dude that has both wheels off the ground. saweet...

·
Registered
287 Posts
just Re: hit this poll!!! we're down 20%

just put my vote in!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
me too. Still at 22%

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hit 23% with mine - I'm tempted to go back and vote 40 or so times ;D

·
Registered
783 Posts
My thought exactly. After all we are Holigans. Refresh the page and vote again!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I voted... Did not check the poll results

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Voted and still at 23%

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Face it gang, it'll never be representative. This is a classic case of sampling error - the superbike crowd is all over the racing area of the ducati site. Not to say hooligans don't like racing, just the superbike folks live for it.

Kinda like having a "what car do you drive?" poll at nascar.com - you'd conclude not many folks drive european or japanese cars.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
It's only sampling error if it is supposed to figure out total ownership. Ducati doesn't need a poll to figure that out, nor do we. It is common knowledge that Monsters are Ducati's top sellers. It's a poll among readers of that page. And it isn't much of a surprise that Monsters are underreprepresented on a racing page. Twenty to twenty-four percent actually seems pretty good to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts