Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Hit and run in England last week

920 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  EvilSteve 
#1 ·
I was riding my M750 in England on Tuesday last week , when I was side swipped by a woman driver doing an illegal U turn with no indicator lights,
The accident was only at 15mph ,but i have a really badly bruised foot and hip.
luckily the bike was OK ,only a broken footrest , I took all the impact.
Several witnesses called the cops who declined to come and the woman had disappeared, I cant even make an insurace claim without a police report.

British cops are getting to be useless, when my 12 year old nephew was run over 2 years ago and killed by a drunken cop in uniform who was speeding in a pedestrian zone , but not yet on duty the guy got away scot free and has since been promoted.

one rule for thenm and the rest of us can get go to hell,
is it no wonder i go to Thailand, where the cops are corrupt but at least u know whats going on.

A bruised foot takes a long time to heal , nothing is broken but now i understand when pro footballers take months to recover from such an injury ,, its agony.

jerry

See less See more
#7 ·
jerryz said:
British cops are getting to be useless, when my 12 year old nephew was run over 2 years ago and killed by a drunken cop in uniform who was speeding in a pedestrian zone , but not yet on duty the guy got away scot free and has since been promoted.
How do you know the identity of the cop without him being in jail for that. If he hit and run you wouldn't know who he was. If he stopped and was identified, he would be in jail. Being on or off duty wouldn't matter at all...

#8 ·
ducatizzy said:
You really don't know how things work for those guys, do you?

A guy in Long Island, NY just shot his neighbor in "self defense" after leaving a bunch of phone messages threatening neighbor. Alas, he is not charged with murder since he is "in the blue" and it is being investigated as a self-defense homicide.
Yeah. One time this cop shot an old lady in the face on camera and got off with a $50 fine. Corrupt pigs. I think he was one of the same guys who framed OJ ::)

#10 ·
To Howie the woman did not stop , we got a partial of her vehicle number and description , but without the police following up nothing will happen. I am back in Thailand now so have no time to chase it up.

To ducatizzy
The cop who ran over my nephew , was demmed medically unfit to go to court ,it was in the local papers , even our local Member of Parliament was shocked that the guy was not prosecuted and kept his job.He was way over the legal limit for alcohol and had been camera recorded speeding earlier. My nephew was on a pedestrian crossing which was red for traffic and green for pedestrians when he was hit. I have spoken to a couple of cops who are bikers , and they think it was a bad outcome for the police forces reputation and the fact that the guy has not expressed remorse or said sorry for what he did.
it has destoyed my brother and his wife. the cop is back at work in the same area that they live he has recently been promoted as well.

oh well life goes on but i hope there is a hell.

jerry

#12 ·
ducatizzy said:
ajax, there's a general prohibition on talking about cops unless you are glowing with admiration for their power and erectile ability.
It's your ridiculous brand of cynicism about the credibility of the police force that caused the ban on discussing them, dude. Saying they get away with murder causes a lot of anger (as it should), which we don't need.

Edit: (to avoid further derailing the thread)

ducatizzy said:
I deleted my post, it wouldn't hurt for ajax to do the same.

My wise ass comment after was humorous, that is all.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lidino1114,0,6961938.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines
Man, let it go. If you don't get banned, the mods here have the patience of saints. It wasn't humorous and no, I'm not going to cover your tracks for you. I'm just glad I quoted it before you deleted it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.