Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market, and curious... which do you recommend?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I've got the blindsight, they are small, but you can really see everything to the side and anything behind you...Cars are MUCH closer than they appear....It just takes some getting used to.

gnew

S

·
0 Posts
i've got a hindsight. while bigger than the blind-sight, it's so much smaller than the stocker or the naplean barens i had on previously that i'm plenty happy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Hindsight sounds better??? You say in Blindsight that cars are closer than they appear but that you get used to it... would you rather have the larger Hindsight???

I think that the Blindsight would look cooler, but I want them to be functional...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The Hindsights are also convex, so "objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

The good part - great field of view
The bad part - impossible to distinguish coppish features in cars behind you.

I do not know whether the Blindsight curvature is worse than the Hindsight.

Anyway, I like the HS's

S

·
0 Posts
I have the Blindsights.

They look really cool, but they are not kidding with that name! To me, they are just too small, I don't have a high level of comfort with them.

In hindsight, I would rather have gotten the Hindsights.

X

·
0 Posts
I have the hindsight and think they are just about right. They are big enought to give a decent view but small enough to be unobtrusive. If they were any smaller I think they would be difficult to use. I have yet to find a motorcycle mirror that gives a good view.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I've used both and definitely prefer the hindsights. The blindsights were too small and I didn't like the concave mirror.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
1. It's not concave, it's convex. A concave mirror is "caved-in" (rather than bulging in the middle) and would reduce the field of view.
2. The hindsight is also convex. As I said in a previous post, I don't know if the curvature is differrent since I've never seen a blindsight.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The worst part about the blindsights are at close to sundown...all you can see is the sun if you are heading east...it just fills up the entire mirror...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you!! Your Hindsight has become my foresight so I won't be blindsighted!!!

God that was gay!!

But I do appreciate your input...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts