Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with CRG's noticed that the bike handles better? The unobstructed view with the stock mickey mouse ears gone is significant and you can see all the way through the corners!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not any better handling, but I can see all around me now ;)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The original mirrors were a distraction in the field of vision. I feel the same way about wearing glasses under my helmet - always getting in the way. Thats why I ditched the sunglasses and got a tinted shield.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RJ, That's what I meant. The bike doesn't handle better, I handle the bike better! I'm new to the computer scene and I forget that sarcasm is not always evident in written form. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Mirrors in front of you are not a distraction, but just additional information you need to be aware of in any case. If you're concerned about how much braking to apply before entering a corner, you need to make that decision based on what's behind you as well. A bar end mirror only puts that information out of the way.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SRe: Hindsight mirrors and better handling?

Sivan, I beg to differ about the stock mirrors not being a distraction. More than once I've had a smaller vehicle or person blocked out of my field of view by the MM ears. The hindsight mirrors are vastly superior (for me) for a better view to the rear. The only thing the stock mirrors gave me a better view of was my elbows!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Then you have a problem with the stock mirrors, not with them being in front of you. The gist of advice sought and given in this thread was about the benefit of moving the "distraction" away. I'm saying that it's wrong to view it as a distraction.

I have a CRG myself but don't think they are ideal. I'm just tired of trying out new mirrors that don't work.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the CRG's are a trade off. They are not blocking anything in the sight picture, but you do have to turn your head alot more to look at them. I prefer them over the stock mirrors since I can see all around me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts