Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm trying to decide between a high collar jacket and a low collar jacket...I've tried on jackets with high collars and ones with low collars, but I can't really get the feel until I ride (which I won't be able to until I buy a jacket)...so in other words, I have a slight dilemma. Can anyone please let me know what type of jacket they ride with (high or low) and whether it is uncomfortable/comfortable...

P.S. - I'm looking into a Dainese Charger or a Dainese Flash jacket...(the charger being high and the flash being low)

Thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
Low. If I want high, I put on a fleece jacket with a high enough collar to extend above the jacket colar. Or I put on a balaclava. High collars sometimes irritate the sides of my neck when turning my head a lot for frequent lane changes.

-R.

R

·
0 Posts
hehe I have had several and between the two Dainese I had it didn't matter high or low, but I prefered the high collar when it was cold.....the vanson is low and that is fine too....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I really wanted to buy a Dainese jacket last summer, but when I tried it on the high collar felt like it was going to slice off my Adams Apple?

Do those high collars get any "softer" over time?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
i like the high collar... it gets softer over time if you always button/velcro it all the way closed all the time when you ride.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Daffe, does a high collar really help support the neck?? ???

H

·
0 Posts
The low collar works fine for me, if it's cold, I'll wear a fleece pull-over with a high collar. BTW, the Dainese Flash is the coolest jacket ever!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
it gives "token" support, but helps dramatically by keeping a dynamic (or forgiveable) padding behind the neck. Please keep in mind that this is a comment made out of observation as an amateur hobbyist who likes to ride (and not as a health care professional).

T

·
0 Posts
I've got one of each and I think the high collar is the more comfortable. The low collar puts a little pressure on my throat when in a race tuck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts