Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm trying to decide between a high collar jacket and a low collar jacket...I've tried on jackets with high collars and ones with low collars, but I can't really get the feel until I ride (which I won't be able to until I buy a jacket)...so in other words, I have a slight dilemma. Can anyone please let me know what type of jacket they ride with (high or low) and whether it is uncomfortable/comfortable...

P.S. - I'm looking into a Dainese Charger or a Dainese Flash jacket...(the charger being high and the flash being low)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I have a dainese imatra jacket with the high collar. I like it because here in SF the weather is always changing and I like the wind/cold protection it offers. During the summer months I can ride with the collar down and don't have that much flapping effect as the leather is pretty thick. Can't say much about collar-less jackets because I never owned on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My "Joe Rocket" jacket has a low collar. However, it also has a zip-in liner that has a high collar. The liner's collar can be worn up, in which case, velcro tabs keep it from flapping arround, or it can be worn down, in which case the collar tucks down in between the liner and the shell. Slick...

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Vanson cut their collars down for 03 models (mark 2s). There must have been some strong market preference for them to make that move.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
My Vanson has a standard collar (about 1.5 inches). I like it for climate change purposes. I feel more protected from road debris too. Nothing like getting a stone to the throat :-X Think about what helmet you have, or want, and what position you ride in, this should help your decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts