Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silmotor carbon fiber high mounts for monster. When I bought them the add said fits all monsters. I used them on a 2002 900 ie. They are less than 2 years old. $300 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Do you have pics of the pipes mounted?
Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dibs...PM Sent. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hm, guess Ive got sloppy seconds......even though I did see them first! lol

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, good point, I did mention that and the fact that the pipes are hella loud. Also the pipes are sold pending a Paypal payment.
Thanks for the interest.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the sale went through but, right after that he emailed me and said that his '01 is different than the '02 and felt that it would not work. If it doesn't work he said he will re-sell it. They are sweet pipes, one stock muffler weighs more than the whole system.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for the quick shipment.

As for fitment, everything sort of "fits". But according to Sparkshack, the connecting pipe is different for bikes 2002+. On my 2000, it fits, but the connecting pipes have a bracket that I assume is connected to the passenger rearset. On my bike, it is a good 4" too far back so it doesn't get connected to anything. It is kind of hidden behind the rearset so you don't see it anyways. Not a big deal since everything is very secure and stable.

I'm having a problem starting my bike now, but once I get that fixed, I'll let you all know how loud it is compared to my stock pipes that were had the full pip mod.

G

·
Looks a bad fit for my 2002 MS4. Good luck with the install.

What exactly is going on when you try to start the bike?

R.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got it started...here is my bike with the new pipes.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Weird, on the pic of the pipes mounted on the previous bike, they were a lot more "tucked in" and parallel to the seat. Is there any way to raise them?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nope, that is how they fit. Like I say, this connecting pipe was meant for 2002+ bikes, not sure if the connecting pipe for pre 2001 bikes would bring it up higher and more tucked in.

The sound is absolutly intoxicating!!! Much more rumble than the stock pipes that were cored.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts