Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that the high beam on my M1200 is not working, there is no response for the flash or the push down switch, the blue witness in the dash is not on either when I push the switch. I took out the headlight assembly and there are no visibly damaged pins in the connectors and the bulb has both filaments intact, the is no sign of burn out in any of them. The running light works fine when the bike is on, the parking led lights are working and the turn signals too. I checked the fuses and they're fine too, there is only one fuse for all the lights so if that was the problem none would work. So The only thing left for me to think is a problem in the control switch, a 1/1000000 light bulb defect that doesn't involve getting burnt out or some fancy electronic issue. I would like to fix the issue by myself if possible. Any ideas of what could be the problem? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tested another bulb but the result was the same. I finally took appart the handle bar control and it was a false contact in there, it is working now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts