Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought id ask if any-one has put on higher bars on there monster ? Mine seen to be a bit low for me ( my arms are to short ).Can you buy a set of 1or 2 inch bar risers ? Can any-one please advise ?
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bryce

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Yes you can. I bought mine from the US. Do a search on the main site

Genmar is one brand and I do not remember what mine are called??

If you get stuck I will try and find the invoice for you with all the details

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I made 1/2 inch blocks and fitted longer bolts to my bar mounts! [thumbsup]

It has made me feel soooo much more better! Less hand pain! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Rob

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey Bryce, Rusty here - I have some 2 inch risers sitting in the garage if you want - good price and all that (you even know where to pick up!) [clap]- They are Black and I got them from Germany - I thought, like you do, that higher bars would be more comfortable - I was wrong! I put them on and adjusted the bars, again and again and agian - just not comfortable - I put the normal riser back on and adjusted the bars - Excellent - no problems and comfortable - Sometimes adjustment is just heaps better than buying a mod - By the way, you are welcome to try before you buy - take them for a week - I can send them to you if you want!
Cheers,
Rusty [thumbsup]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rust,i'll get around to calling you today some time,i do think it may help a bit but not sure untill i try.
b

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You might also think about an aftermarket seat to elevate yourself instead of the bars. Then you can maintain the proper semi-bent-over hooligan posture of a Monster owner ;D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took my bar risers off.
I like the hooligoon riding position better.
I have noticed my right hand palm gets a little more tired on long rides.

i'll sell mine if someone wants them ($70 sound fair??), they are an inch higher and come with longer bolts.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Mickyb said:
I took my bar risers off.
I like the hooligoon riding position better.
I have noticed my right hand palm gets a little more tired on long rides.

i'll sell mine if someone wants them ($70 sound fair??), they are an inch higher and come with longer bolts.
Hi Mickyb

I'll take them off your hands if they're still available. send me a pm if they are.

regards
Cyberloafer

N

·
0 Posts
cyberloafer, I may be completely wrong here, but you may wantr to double check to see if they will be OK for you..

Assuming both bikes are stock in the handlebars dept, mickyb has a M620 with std 7/8" bars, and your S2R will have conical bars and I am pretty sure you will have issues...

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah, your right Nick.

Besides, I think I owe it to Peter (eDUCATIon) since he asked to buy it off me months ago if i decide to sell them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Syber can you but out mate ? I posted this messege about me and my bike and there for all responces are driected for me in the way of helping my problem,I do not expect you to jump in and take offers from me that are posted to help me. ok ! so just cool it and sit back for a bit.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
thanks for the tip GoldFiSh, I would have checked the measurements before proceeding but thanks anyway.

...and bryceow, I hardly think that the phrase "...if someone wants them..." is directed at you specifically. It also looked to me like you had started discussing things with r_usty for 2 inch risers so tell me; when is it appropriate to "jump in"? If Mickyb was negotiating with you he could have said to me "no they're not available" and that would be it. How may risers do you need? Are you collecting the entire set?

"...cool it and sit back for a bit..."? sure, happy to do that for you. And just so that you're happy with me buying stuff here in future, I'll send you a PM and get clearance before I ask anyone if their item is still for sale.

ciao for now
C

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cyberloafer said:
thanks for the tip GoldFiSh, I would have checked the measurements before proceeding but thanks anyway.

...and bryceow, I hardly think that the phrase "...if someone wants them..." is directed at you specifically. It also looked to me like you had started discussing things with r_usty for 2 inch risers so tell me; when is it appropriate to "jump in"? If Mickyb was negotiating with you he could have said to me "no they're not available" and that would be it. How may risers do you need? Are you collecting the entire set?

"...cool it and sit back for a bit..."? sure, happy to do that for you. And just so that you're happy with me buying stuff here in future, I'll send you a PM and get clearance before I ask anyone if their item is still for sale.

ciao for now
C
Hey Cyber ;D

Heres some exhausts you should look at SLOB is in Melbourne as well I have bought enough for now off him, now its your turn if you are in the mood for shopping? [thumbsup]

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=69956.0

Cheers Egas

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
thanks egas,

I'd really like the exhausts and there's only two things stopping me: (a) getting my chief financial officer to authorise a $600 purchase on something so "frivolous" :'((not my words - I know that they're important;)) and; (b) I don't think that I could use my slush fund to purchase them then sneak home in the dark without getting noticed. [cheeky]

see you
C

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Re: High and then low bars on a MONSTER

bryceow said:
Thanks,if you get some time can you lookin into it for me ?

I bought my 1.25in risers from Eastern Cycle Ducati in the US. Fax them on (978) 927-4868
price $54.95

They come complete with all hardware and made a big difference to the wrist situation. I don't even notice any real change to the way the bike rides nor do i even remember the things are even there.

Lots of people complained about the S2R models when they first came out and lots of people have fitted these things. Do not be put off by what others say , you make up your own mind. If you think you need these risers ( you must do or why post ) then you do need them!

Why suffer, riding you bike is supposed to be....................... ;D.........................fun

Regards, Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cyber rusty spoke to me over the phone and told me my bars dont mach his risers therefor i have no use for them.This is a conversation you knew nothing about so sory for the mix up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts