Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at maybe putting a HID converison kit into my monster when/if i get it. Has anyone here ever donet his before? I found a nice 8000k kits for just over $200. I guess the only problem would be that Monsters have the H4 bulb? which would limit me to only low beam, so im not sure if that would a good mod to do. Any thoughts?

S

·
0 Posts
I'd do it !! Go for it !!! And please take before and after pics too please

S

·
0 Posts
i like the idea of a POWERFUL headlight for evening riding, but in mass, you can't get an inspection sticker without a high AND low beam.
maybe you could try getting one o' them fancy dual headlight jobbies from spareshack. do the conversion on one of the two lamps, and use the other for high?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same thing, but there is another option. I am assuming the headlight bulb for the monster is an H4, it probably could be converted to another bulb that allows dual beams low/hi. So if anyone knows for sure what bulb is used in monsters that information would be greatly appreciated. Another item that is available is small motor that slides the bulb back and forth giving it the apprearance of low/hi by projecting the beam further.

W

·
0 Posts
It would actually be fairly easy to do.....

Contact these guys for a true HID setup: www.hidtech.com

They did my Subaru WRX headlights, very good work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The conversion itself will not be too difficult, a few more wires than stock, you have to install a inline ?20 amp fuse and a ballast/ignitor, but other than that pretty staight forward

W

·
0 Posts
Well, you are putting an HID bulb into a reflector housing, this will produce some serious glare and dark spots. To get a true HID setup you need to use a reflector housing designed for one, or use projector headlamps used in cars--retrofitted into your stock housing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To get a true HID setup you need to use a reflector housing designed for one, or use projector headlamps used in cars--retrofitted into your stock housing.
Muhahahahahaa! That's my evil plan. I'm hoping to adapt a BMW car projector into mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts