Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I guess we are doing a Hico Ride Saturday dec 16th . Start time and meeting place will be Bass Pro in Grapevine off 121 in the main parking lot right at 9:30am . If anyone wants to change the time later let me know. We will have lunch in Hico and end at Burelson on I-35. I'll try and get the route posted by tomorrow. We should be finished by 4pm >:D

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Gee, twist my arm. Unless it gets changed, I'll be there. If not on the Hayaduca then on something else with 2 wheels. I live by White Rock Lake, you figure 30-45 minutes to get to Bass Pro at a civilized pace? It's been awhile since I've driven out there... like right after it opened. Just trying to guess my home departure time.

·
Registered
682 Posts
fastwin said:
Gee, twist my arm. Unless it gets changed, I'll be there. If not on the Hayaduca then on something else with 2 wheels. I live by White Rock Lake, you figure 30-45 minutes to get to Bass Pro at a civilized pace? It's been awhile since I've driven out there... like right after it opened. Just trying to guess my home departure time.
That should be about right. I'm coming from Rowlett; Miller Road to 635 then over and it takes me about 40 minutes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This sounds like a fun one. But I have some late Santa shopping to do, but when you all get into Burleson. I will meet you all for a drink at the Huge Exxon. I am 100yrds away ;) You can miss the Exxon it looks like bass pro. I will PM you my number to give me a call.

If you stay in 174 from cleburne to burleson you will miss some local twisties. In Joshua at the light on the intersection of 917 and 174 take a right on to 917 (Future trip- stay in 917 it will take you right to AMS in Alvarado (actually Lillian). There are about 4 great twists there then you will come up to 731 on the left. That will take you all the way into the Exxon in Burleson. I could at least ride with you all 100 yards to the exxon :)

917 was a good road in its prime. Lately the Natural Gas boom has the tractor trailers tearing up some of the best roads around here. They sure will be nice when they repave it ;) I will keep you posted after I make sure its safe >:D

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'm in. Thanks, Billy [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm in, barring any unforseen circumstances, such as having way too much fun Friday night, which is entirely possible, although I will still try to be there!

Looking Forward-

Duc L'Smart

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all! I have the route posted on www.grouprider.com (excellent site btw). You can either go here, click public routes, search with zip code (mine is 76248). It will pull up 3 routes, the one labeled Hico is mine. Also if you don't want to register let me know and I can e-mail you a direct link to the map! Its 290milesbut it will fly by.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I've registered with enough stuff. If you wouldn't mind I'd rather have the route emailed to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fastwin said:
I've registered with enough stuff. If you wouldn't mind I'd rather have the route emailed to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Should be sent, curious to know if it works without registering.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Now that is a cool site. I downloaded the GPX file and added it to my GPS. Kudos for the link Billy. Hey swanny could that link be given a sticky?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Billy, I assume you tried to send the route to me given your last post. Nope, nothing there on my email. I may just have to register for one more thing after all! Thanks for trying, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry :'( but you might have to be a member to get it. its worth joining you can plan a nice ride on there very easy.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Billy - that's a way-cool website; hadn't run across that one yet! Looks like an excellent route [thumbsup]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
n2f said:
Billy - that's a way-cool website; hadn't run across that one yet! Looks like an excellent route [thumbsup]
It makes it super easy to map a route, best i've found! Lisa is Alan going to come saturday?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Nope, not this time; he and Sam are headin' out with the dirt bike for the day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haywyre said:
If you stay in 174 from cleburne to burleson you will miss some local twisties. In Joshua at the light on the intersection of 917 and 174 take a right on to 917 (Future trip- stay in 917 it will take you right to AMS in Alvarado (actually Lillian). There are about 4 great twists there then you will come up to 731 on the left. That will take you all the way into the Exxon in Burleson. I could at least ride with you all 100 yards to the exxon :)

Thanks for the tip we'll give you a ring when we hit town!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'm just stoked about the weather on Saturday!! Wow, 79-80 degrees high and 58-60 in the AM when we meet. Just good clean living that's all there is to it! We will have to name the ride something in honor of Rami since he's leaving us and this weather!! Getting the 'busa all cleaned up so she won't embarass anyone. See ya'll 9:30 sat. @ Bass Pro!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wish i can make it, but my flight out is 9:20 am Saturday. Trust me i dont need any convincing about a ride, ask N2F, i was out to Munster with her and Jim and i doubt it if it hit 50 for the high that day. Made me want to stop riding forever.
Rami

1 - 20 of 58 Posts