Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I might be riding down south to Florida from NYC for Thanksgiving and for the trip home I thought I might stop and visit the famous "Dragon" in or at Deal's gap. And if anybody can suggest other roads around there that I might want to hit...

Are the road conditions decent for that time of year (too many leaves? too cold? etc). What's the majority's favorite direction to ride it - east to west, west to east?

Also, if anybody knows the quickest and or easiest way to travel there from the Gulf coast....yeah I could just google map/earth the route but local knowledge is so much better!

Thanks for any info/advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
goldenchild said:
Hi folks, I might be riding down south to Florida from NYC for Thanksgiving and for the trip home I thought I might stop and visit the famous "Dragon" in or at Deal's gap. And if anybody can suggest other roads around there that I might want to hit...

Are the road conditions decent for that time of year (too many leaves? too cold? etc). What's the majority's favorite direction to ride it - east to west, west to east?

Also, if anybody knows the quickest and or easiest way to travel there from the Gulf coast....yeah I could just google map/earth the route but local knowledge is so much better!

Thanks for any info/advice!
Since I haven't ridden it during the winter, the only thing I can comment on is the direction to ride it.

Ride it east to west.

Then west to east.

Then westbound again.

Then back and forth a couple more times.

[thumbsup]

It only takes about 20 minutes to ride it from one end to the other.

Do it a bunch of times. >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Rameses said:
Since I haven't ridden it during the winter, the only thing I can comment on is the direction to ride it.

Ride it east to west.

Then west to east.

Then westbound again.

Then back and forth a couple more times.

[thumbsup]

It only takes about 20 minutes to ride it from one end to the other.

Do it a bunch of times. >:D
Weather that way is starting to get colder... we have been having flurries in boone and surounding areas... I would check out the weather before going...

Also the leaves hit peak this week, so they will all be dropping rapidly over the next couple of weeks. I would just be on the look out for that.




if($dealsgap){

$laps_done = 0

while (list($lap_east, $lap_east, $lunch) = mysql_fetch_array){
echo $lap_east + $lap_east + $lunch = $excitment;
$laps_done ++;

}
}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
I'm sad that I actually can make some sense of it.

And i did that for you... :) figure you could figure out and see i really don't know what i was doing :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
336 Posts
Decent except for the assignment in the echo and I'm not sure what you'd use a database for in that. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Fiber said:
Decent except for the assignment in the echo and I'm not sure what you'd use a database for in that. :p

I have never been to Deals...so i had to use stored info from someone else :) like MySQL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
you have had lunch correct?
My question is how that figures into laps done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
srussell said:
you have had lunch correct?
My question is how that figures into laps done.
It stops doing the while loop once excitment reaches a peak... you don't want to over do it and get bored :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
612 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Weather that way is starting to get colder... we have been having flurries in boone and surounding areas... I would check out the weather before going...

Also the leaves hit peak this week, so they will all be dropping rapidly over the next couple of weeks. I would just be on the look out for that.




if($dealsgap){

$laps_done = 0

while (list($lap_east, $lap_east, $lunch) = mysql_fetch_array){
echo $lap_east + $lap_east + $lunch = $excitment;
$laps_done ++;

}
}
You really are retarded, aren't you?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top