Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe its not that big of a problem, but I just wanted to see what all you guys tought. I've been riding for a few years and I find myself continuously going faster on the highway. Its not that I'm trying to be dangerous or cool, its just that I find myself looking at my speedometer and going, "wow, I'm going 105, it doesnt even feel like 105". I think I'm loosing my speed rush. Anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just me? ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
334 Posts
I have the same problem but get a few speeding tickets and you'll change your pace. For some freaking reason i have been pulled over 4 times this past 2 months and have received 2 speeding tickets and one fix-it ticket. :-[
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Yeah, the monster is just so dang fun to accelerate. Its not that i like going really fast its that i like accelerating. just so happens that going fast is the natural outcome to acceleration. go figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
you're right, it's definitely the number of miles you ride and not the speed you usually go on the freeway. :angel: [cheeky]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
Take it to the track. You'll find the rush again and it won't even take 105mph.

Try Fastrack Riders or any of a number of track event organizers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Where are you riding that you can go that fast... Unless I'm running straight up the 101 I rarely even get the opportunity to go that fast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
erkishhorde said:
Where are you riding that you can go that fast... Unless I'm running straight up the 101 I rarely even get the opportunity to go that fast.
I'm worse... since re-mounting the quiet stock cans I've been wheeling away from every stop light & riding too fast... but man it feels good to use the motor around town & not orry about the noise or the man >:D

I ride slow on the freeway because I found it boring & I can't see wlel enough behind me with my CRG's to feel confident that it's LEO free ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
recondocfish said:
Ok maybe its not that big of a problem, but I just wanted to see what all you guys tought. I've been riding for a few years and I find myself continuously going faster on the highway. Its not that I'm trying to be dangerous or cool, its just that I find myself looking at my speedometer and going, "wow, I'm going 105, it doesnt even feel like 105". I think I'm loosing my speed rush. Anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just me? ???
This is not a problem. Don't worry about it. It is subject to a law of Darwin.

I know. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
erkishhorde said:
Where are you riding that you can go that fast... Unless I'm running straight up the 101 I rarely even get the opportunity to go that fast.
I ride up and down the 5 alot to and from work. ::)

Ciao Fun said:
Take it to the track. You'll find the rush again and it won't even take 105mph.
Try Fastrack Riders or any of a number of track event organizers.
Thanks I'll be sure to check it out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
955 Posts
Hey fellas I noticed nobody talked about re-gearing his bike. Izzat because it's not a good idea?

-Dan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
955 Posts
Izzat the birthday boy goofing on my choice of contractions [laugh]

-Dan
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top