Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to go with the Ducati Monster. I have been riding for quite a few years now, and thought it was time for a new bike. I am between the 1000S and the S4R. The whole engine thing has me going as I would like feedback on who has had good experiences (or bad) and I can get a better idea or which way to go. I would like to get the side hard bags, but it does not look possible on the S4R with its one sided exhaust exit. Think it is possible to upgrade to a louder, dual type design like on the 1000S?
Guess I just have weird decisions in my head between the 992/996 engines, bags, and exhaust....any feedback please.
I live in a Northwest Suburb of the City and found out about this site after I visited the only real place to buy anything from....MCC. I went to the other two, but MCC was I think, the best. After reading some posts on here, it seems alot of people agree.
So, when I finally do put this whole deal together, I would sure hope to get together with some of you to cruise, meet up at bike shops, and just be part of the club. Already involved with lots of things, but I think Motorcycling is the most fun. Thanks everyone for your help!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I would go with the 1000 over the S4R, just because IMO the S4R is designed that way for a reason. Save your money and get the 1000 and use the left over cash for the mods you want. No offense, buying an S4R and changing the exhaust to a standard monster look would totallt take away from the beauty of the bike, even putting the hard bags on and taking away from the single side s/a. I mean, really....who am I to say anything. I could only wish I had to chose between anything and an S4R. My only advice is, if you wanna keep it looking as beautiful as stock, go with the S4R....if you wanna do some major modding, go with the 1000. And by the way, welcome aboard! How did MCC tell you about us?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply! You know, you do make sense. I just could not get use to the exhaust style on the S4. It is different, just not like the way I am interest in....maybe I am missing something? Strange taste or to into the "traditional" look, if that makes sense. Actually, when I was at CCC, I talked to some random person looking at Ducs and he mentioned a Website, and dealers. When I went to MCC, I had mentioned this site, and the Gentlemen that was helping me made a comment about it. So, that is when I logged on and took a look for myself. From not knowing anything about these bikes to a general amount now, this site and the few decent people I talked to so far have really helped.
Thanks for the Welcome!

·
Registered
724 Posts
what up Luch...

i kinda have to agree with redduke, but im not in that position either...

good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I agree and disagree, if you don't like the single sided exhaust don't change that on the S4R and go with the 1000sie. However, there is a 30hp difference between bikes. 113hp on the S4R and 85 on the 1000. The S4R has a single sided swing arm that looks like art work, phat five spoke marchensini rims, lots of c/f, etc... Either way, you're getting a Ducati so you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Should also consider a "new old stock" S4. A few dealers still have them with no miles for just around $10,000. That might be just what you are looking for asa compromise between the two...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since you are considering a Ducati with lots of horses and bags, why not go with an ST4. It sounds like it would satisfy all your needs. Sounds and looks beautiful, is fast and has a traveling component. And as someone else also said you can't go wrong with a Ducati.

Shyrlden

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Good point S, totally forgot about that bike. I believe it comes with the luggage (hard) too. 2 valve 1000 engine, low pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts