Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

hey-ya from SL,UT !

6K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  02blueru 
#1 ·
So how is everyone in Avalanche country? Greetings from Salt Lake. Remember me? The lonely soldier from Utah at DiTR last year? Only one fast enough to get a ticket >:D (er, but slow enough to get caught! :-[ )?

It's supposed to only get to 19 degrees tomorrow, my bikes are collecting dust, and I need something to look forward to.

So,.....when's Ducati in the Rockies this year? I'll try to get more UTAHrds this year. I've ridden with about 12 different Monsters in SLC last year and many are really interested. Like me, some actually drink beer, too! (hey, cool if you don't....)

So, any word? Who's setting the date? Tanya?

#2 ·
Here's my problem...I'm a bridesmaid the wknd I had planned...I know...lame. So I'm considering the previous wknd...I need to talk to the hotel and some other folks before I set anything in stone.

I'll keep you informed.

Tanya

#4 ·
Yeah......well it's in San Fran...and it's a Chinese wedding...the wedding takes place on Fri...the reception on Sunday.

On a lighter note I will be looking to borrow a bike that weekend and hang out with the ex and many, many friends on the in-between time. ;D

If I'm lucky I can get enough vaca. time to do both. ;D

T

#18 ·
Lappy doing impersonations! How about the demoted Granato, getting all Mark Crawford on the Wings coach Babcock?! Turtling Av thugs, spastic (asst.) coach and a Red Wings shutout. Just like the good 'ol days of '96. And '97. And '98....

Yeah, SL,UT does look "friendly". We have bumper sticker, t shirts and the whole gammit. I personally like the "my bishop told me I could" tshirts, which sadly ring quite true out in these parts...

#20 ·
Man you guys really went out on a limb and called for a victory. the best team in hockey on a six game skid. hmmmmmm. weird. they were due for one. so hang in there boys with the bold predictions!

atleast lappy will hang in there and drop the gloves (twice). I mean it only took the ref to help lidstrom come off the ice. lets talk about impersonations. his gumby legs just wouldnt hold up. isnt funny how whenever anything happens to the red wings they never really make it back to clean up their own work. i never saw draper come after lemieux. i know lidstrom wont come after lappy either. lappy would probably eat his lunch anyways.

Babcock, hahaha. well lets talk about a guy who couldnt cut it in the pros. had his cup of coffee in the ahl and then quit to be on the bearucratic side of hockey. atleast Granato had a career. And lets be honest it was a really good carreer. he didnt turn to coaching becasue he had to. he retired from a succsesful PLAYING career. its to bad the avs werent better then they were when he was handed the team, if they were he still would be the head coach. but he was good enough to keep on board and take the job later. For babcock its gotta be easy to be handed the best team in hockey and win. man hes a genius, i mean putting zetterberg and datsyuk together on the powerplay.

If your gonna make predictions make good ones.
if your gonna boast about the Wings atleast come with something good.

#22 ·
Gawdamn, Randimus! I was just going to ask you if this sack is even worth responding to and you beat me to it! Good job.

As for coaches not playing in the NHL, ever hear of Scotty Bowman? 9 Cups.

As for genius moves, wouldn't YOU put Pav and Z on the same line? They are #6 and #8 in the NHL for points.

The Wings have 89 points. Does any team in the NHL even have 80? Go home.

#23 ·
msu,

I think you missed the sarcasim! Everything you said is true. the wings are the best team in the nhl right now.

Of course i would play those two together. they are two of the most skilled forewards in the league. thats why babcock is nothing special. a great coach wins when he doesnt have all the perfect peices. look at his track record in anahiem and tell me that hes a good coach

Scotty bowman is irrelevant. hes not the coach anymore and his reputation speaks for itself. dropping a name like that is like us arguing about the who has the better goalie and i drop Roys mvp stats on you.

Whats the problem you two? youve gotten so spoiled with winning you cant even take a lil opposition?

#24 ·
not spoiled. fortunate [thumbsup]

I've been getting **** from Avsholes for 9 years now...used to it >:D

Kinda funny that you guys try to talk smack when you can't even score one goal on us when 3 of our top 4 defensemen are out. Lidstrom will be fine, but will be out for a few weeks, BTW.

#25 ·
Im glad you brought up injuries and not being able to score goals. I havent seen our top three scores playing for quite a while. with Sakic, Smith, and Stastny out its gonna be tough to have consistent offense.

Detriot wouldnt be where they are right now if they would have lost Dat, Zed and Lidstrom.

to bad the avs arent in town for the weekend. you could have caught a game.

Randimus, well know after this road swing if your prediciton will come true. all the games are against division rivals. I actually think they may squeeze in the playoffs. the northwest division is very VERY tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.