Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after much hemming and hawwing, i have decided to keep my 620 and buy a track bike in lieu of buying a big ol liter bike for use both on the street and the track. two questions have ensued:

one for the big Morilla (and anyone else who has purchased a track bike):
where the hell did you find it?

and for the others that have ridden track:
how much of a jump is it between C and B group?

yeeeeup. that is all. just had a hot red head as a hockey coach after riding the Monster all day long. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I surfed the various racing boards and found the bike, let me dig a few links up for ya.

Maurice

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Here are some.

This ones nationwide, if you find a bike here you may need to ship it. There is local stuff too, I think I saw my grey bike here.
WERA

This is the local classifieds, lots of bikes here, lots of racers use this board.
Sportsbike.ws

BayArea riding board. Lots of bikes, not many race bikes.
BARF

Local racers board, very little activity here.
OMRRA

After next season, I will most likely be selling the grey bike. I will be selling he black one come spring, so if your interested, let me know.

Maurice

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what black one? last tally i heard there was red, grey, and ol blue had just hit the highway

thanks for all the links, dude!

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Grey bike - This years track bike, next years race bike

Red bike - Street bike

Black bike - Was going to be my race bike for next year (2000.5 Aprilia RSV-R), but decided to use my grey bike instead

Old-Blue got traded in for the black bike and some "stuff". :)

Maurice

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek:

you live an extremely rough life, my friend.

how much you thinkin for the black one?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Im thinking 6 to 7k ish range.

Maurice

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ugh. i was afraid of that. a buddy and i are thinking of going in halfsies on said track bike (still trying to work out the details on that one). we'll see what she says. thanks for the details

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Visolara said:
BayArea riding board. Lots of bikes, not many race bikes.
BARF
I bought my trackbike off of BARF. If you see one you are really interested, one of the bay area locals may be able to check it out for you. IIRC there's a '99 GSXR 600 for $1800 around somewhere. Buy one in the next month or two before prices go way up. You should be able to get a track/race I-4 600 for around $3k give or take.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spanks spidey

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
If you are willing to put a little more energy into it, you could peruse those salvage auctions and buy a totalled bike, then fix stuff. (Lot's of bikes are totalled for cosmetics, a set of track glass fixes that right up.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look for a used SV650 track bike. You should be able to pick up a decent one with spare wheels, body parts etc. for $3-4K. I've been told that the pre fuel injection model is easier to mod, at any rate they'll be cheaper....

There are LOTS of parts and information for these bikes and they should feel somewhat closer to your 620 then a I-4 600....So the skills you pick up at the track may translate to your street riding a little closer (?)

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
hi Ian, havent seen ya for awhile. :)

Maurice

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yyyyyea, what he said. something about the compression issue scares me.

there was that 05 Honda (choke) CBR for $4200 on CL a while ago that made me drool

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
onetoomanyticket said:
yyyyyea, what he said. something about the compression issue scares me.

there was that 05 Honda (choke) CBR for $4200 on CL a while ago that made me drool
dude you should have bought that 99 SS 900 that floated around here. That thing was a really good deal.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
its
a
track
bike
!

dorks

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Visolara said:
its
a
track
bike
!

dorks
Yeah, nothing is more desirable than a $4000 single cycinder firing one cyclinder spinning track bike. I wonder how competitive the 450cc single with the 450cc counterweight class is...

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
toolfan said:
Yeah, nothing is more desirable than a $4000 single cycinder firing one cyclinder spinning track bike. I wonder how competitive the 450cc single with the 450cc counterweight class is...
Dont make me tell Young you want a late night visit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts