Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe more women would post here if they could find this forum. it's really buried. could it be moved up to the main forum page?
i had no idea there were other women on monsters out there. i never see any!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where are the women riders?

I ride a monster. Looking for any women that ride in Orange County. I live in Anaheim Hills looking for more people to ride with.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lol you got the same response that I did...mite be like the blind leading the blind if you want tips from me,I just started riding myself. The more I ride the more confident I feel that's all I can tell ya.once you find comfortable gear just ride.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Women on the forum

I' m glad I stumbled upon this thread because, although the guys have been welcoming and happy to share advice and info, women have questions and concerns that other women can easily understand. I bought a 2007 695 just over a month ago, and I am still becoming accustomed to it. Love the bike, but I feel as though I need to learn to work on it, at least for routine maintenance, and would like to plan some mods. I hope we can share helpful tips in this thread.

·
Registered
220 Posts
hi
new girl here,just bought a M900.Any good female advice i should know about it?
If you wear your hair down people tend to stop and gawk. It makes it easier getting around in traffic ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Moto Woman

This forum is great for getting a lot of answers from experienced folks, male or female. I've found a lot of great posts on mods and step-by-step tutorials on installing parts with photos - indispensable!

I own several bikes, but the Monster was the first bike I attempted the more in-depth modifications such as brake bleeding and installing new rear sets. Once the door was opened, I couldn't stop myself from working on the other bikes. The Ducati, however, is by far the easiest bike to work on out of the lot of them.

I highly recommend getting your hands dirty, if you haven't already. Its become the thing I look forward to on the weekends - pulling a bike apart in my garage while I listen to music and chat with folks driving by. Female bikers with mechanic skills seem to draw a crowd ;)

I look forward to seeing more women on the forum!

Reactions: flyer77

·
Registered
220 Posts
Jane, I wish I had my monster in CA and lived closer to you. I would love to learn to take my bike apart myself!
On my last Ducati (996) I switched the dual seat for a single and didn't tighten the license holder on enough because it fell off one day into my rear tire and took off. Had to order a new mounting and plate.... For now I'll stick with the dealer until I find someone to show me the ropes. ;D

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Need to find women Ducati riders south of Boston

Well, I've had my 695 for a year now and it hasn't been without frustration. A month after I bought it in 2013, it began to cough, sputter, shudder and feel as tho it was running on one cylinder. I don't have a garage and don't know how to work on the bike so I sent it back to the dealer. Luckily I had purchased a 2 year warranty. still problems this year and just got the bike back today after having 12k service and the ECU reflashed. Hope the weather may improve by the weekend to ride.

Can't find any female Ducati riders around me. Members of a local women's bike club all ride cruisers. I am feeling mighty lonely. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry you bike is having trouble, hope it's sorted out now! Older Ducs are renown for problems if the maintenance history is not known. I had a 996 that I was in love with.... most of the time. It was gorgeous, felt gorgeous to ride. And was a complete pain in my ass when the License plate assy decided it wanted to drop into the rear tire and go for a quick flight who-knows-where... and another time when I put the kickstand down and leaned it over. And over... and over.. all the way until it was flat on the ground. But I would buy it again. So I hope you found reasons to love you 695.

Reactions: flyer77

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Thanks for your message. I love the 695 but continue to have problems including a not insignificant oil leak created by the dealer following the major service last year. I would buy a newer Duc, but I've been told the new ones can't be lowered and, at 5 feet, I had to have the 695 lowered so I could ride safely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts