Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think I've seen that bike before, actually.

If I recall correctly (and by no means is this a guarantee, as many bikes look alike), a few years back out at Winchester, one of the mechanics had this bike, but put it up for sale throught the dealership. I remember a 99 city with low arrows on it (and sans city bags). The mech actually fired it up for us, just to hear it. Carl, Alivegirl, and i were talking pipes, and she wanted to hear what they sounded like.

If its the same bike, at least then, it looked, and sounded great.

Like I said though, I could be wrong......but how many bagless city 99's with low arrows are floating around the virginia used market?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, thanks for the look up. I already picked up a bike. It's not a Monster. Not even a Duc. But, the price was right (incredibly right). It'll be a winter project and a lot of fun. Along with being able to put Sallypoke on it as a trainer. Might have pics tonight at Rhodeside. Won't be riding it though. Front end is sticky and it needs a new rear tire.

·
Registered
928 Posts
aliveguy said:
I think I've seen that bike before, actually.

If I recall correctly (and by no means is this a guarantee, as many bikes look alike), a few years back out at Winchester, one of the mechanics had this bike, but put it up for sale throught the dealership. I remember a 99 city with low arrows on it (and sans city bags). The mech actually fired it up for us, just to hear it. Carl, Alivegirl, and i were talking pipes, and she wanted to hear what they sounded like.
Actually my GF bought that bike from Louie, then I bought it from her and ended up selling it to a young guy in Boston, so doubt it is the same bike. That bike also had all the original stuff on it etc.. That color is unique and a good platform to make some mods, given that it has already had it's City parts removed. - Gene

·
Registered
124 Posts
aliveguy said:
soooooo? What'd you get??
73 (I believe) CB 450. 12K original miles. Strong motor. New tires and chain and it'll be road worthy. Currently set up as a bobber. Requires shorter forks and new bars for my desired application. Then, it's just pulling parts off, cleaning them (or replacing) and putting them back on. The kick start's a lot of fun. Electric starter requires rebuild/replace. I took "before" pics today before I washed it. Haven't taken any since. It's really ugly at the moment.

Now, where'd I put that rattle can...

[thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
2vtwin said:
Actually my GF bought that bike from Louie, then I bought it from her and ended up selling it to a young guy in Boston, so doubt it is the same bike. That bike also had all the original stuff on it etc.. That color is unique and a good platform to make some mods, given that it has already had it's City parts removed. - Gene
Gene,
Is that the one we saw out at winchester?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.