Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I didn't answer last night, my phone died and I forgot to plug it in.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, your crankcase vents to the airbox. I think there is a filter or a valve that should prevent excess oil in your air box, you may want to replace that.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I cleaned it up real good, I think I want to replace my air filter tho, it was kind of dirty, also, there was a lot of "tire ribber" inside my intake, was kind of funny at first as I thought something was broke, then I realized it was rubber being sucked into my airbox from outside. :)

I dont think Im going to use those damn rearsets, for one, they are to nice for it, Im going to crash, so Im not going to waste them, guess I will be selling them, or something.

All the body work, gas tank is off the bike, I want to kind of clean it up a little, then bring it down to MotoCorsa and have the bodywork fitted. Tyler is going to paint it, I told him to paint it however he wanted too, he seemed interested in that. :) I am not sure about the tank, I guess I need to do some prep work for him, as its painted, and dinged up from crashing a bit, the tank isnt bent, the paint is chipped here and there.

Also, once the body work has been fitted, I need to take the suspension out and have GP do some stuff to it. Once thats done, the last thing is a pipe and dyno. I am trying to get a pipe on ebay now, hopefully I will win. Its nothing special, maybe a $150 one, or so. Just something different then the 50lbs piece of crap on there now.

Anyways, Im semi bored, working on patching some systems, and waiting to get out of here for the night.

Elias, whats for dinner?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of air filter is it? If it's a k&n or bmc, those are washable.

Chili. You want some? We'll be eating about 6:30 or so if you want.

It's grey that he's prepping, I think he's going to sell blackie.

Use the rearsets you puss. They are totally modular - practically designed to crash.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Jon - Racing Grey, selling Black. Buying a new race bike for 2008 sometime

Elias - I can stop by, want me to bring anything? I have a bottle of wine, but one may not be enough. :)

I know the rearsets are modular, but they look gay on the bike. When you see my bike, its all beat to ****, then there are these super nice rear sets hanging out. It looks funny, IMO. But, I dont care, I will go with either.

I just want to get everything taken care of and it seems like Im wasting time. Body work, suspension, engine work, etc need to get done in the next two months. Friggin winters half over. :)

How much are you looking to spend on a car?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Hey billy, nice to see you around.

Not sure what kind of filter it is. Its orange (is that K&N?), it doesnt have any markings on it to say which maker it is. Its not super dirty, but its dirty. Also, I was thinking if its not a K&N that a K&N would give me better air flow. I will bring it over tonight.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude. You are getting new body work painted pretty. The rear sets will look fine.
ho-Mo.

I've actually read that k&n filters flow less! But, they are reusable, so they get the go ahead.

2 months? We've got 4 months dude! December, January, February and all but a day of March.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
your stuck on dates, Im counting on global warming. Get with the times.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
screen with some form of paper product inside the screen. Orange on the top/bottom securing the screen around the internal paper-like-product. Sound like a K&N?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey - dinner just got shifted to 7:00pm, so we can walk the dogs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Visolara said:
screen with some form of paper product inside the screen. Orange on the top/bottom securing the screen around the internal paper-like-product. Sound like a K&N?
Yes it does. I have a cleaning kit for ya. It coconsistsf a two part spray on; cleaning agent, then and oil based filtration lube that has red or orange dye in it.

I'll leave with you to borrow, or I'll hang out a drink some beer with you whwhilstt gets cleaned.

Anytime...whenever. Talk soon.
Billy

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Dinner at 7 works, I just had a server blow up, Im on the phone with HP, so I may be a little late. :)

Billy, anytime your thirsty, your welcome to stop by. The fridge is always stocked, and the uncles cook for an army.

Maurice

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hey where's the Big Mo' Diddly? You got your hears on? Over. Come back.

Hey Mo. I'll drop that kit by your place tonight if'n ya's going to be around ???

I get off at 5pm. Gotta run home first.

Let me know.

Billy

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
His air filter is a paper element. I showed him a couple at my house and he decided it wasn't a cleanable.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Thanks Billy, I appreciate the offer. I need to pick up a new filter (K&N).

Whats everyone up to this evening? Im bored.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.