Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well "Maya" and I just got done paying a visit to her twin sister here in Baltimore, MD.

We Spent Saturday evening meeting the Whole Robinson family, and got up Sunday morning to enjoy a brisk somewhat chilly ride through the hills west of Baltimore.

It was very Cool to see the ladies together for the first time. It was equally interesting to explore in person all the subtle "mods" that each of us had embellished upon them. Other than the Full 50mm Termi Systems, the bikes oozed their own individual style, and were set up quite differently to suit our personal riding styles. ;)

Hustling down the State Park Road that Chris "Statler" took me down we enjoyed a variety of flowing semi technical twisties that follows a picturesque stream through the park. There were nice elevation changes decreasing radius curves, and short straights perfect for carrying the front wheel a bit before grabbing a down shift or two for the next nice curve. All in all a very pleasing road although a bit too much traffic to really wick it up. Scattered blind accesses and the occasional slow moving car kept things well in hand. (Well...... :-\..........Somewhat in hand anyway. [cheeky])

While droning through the townships that are scattered here and there, there was always the aural delight of listening to the twin Testastrettas growling through their open Termis in unison. (If there's anything better than listening to that beautiful Desmo Music, its listening to it in STEREO. >:D) The Sound reverberated off the store fronts, people craned their necks to see where it was coming from, and small animals scurried for their very lives! [laugh]

A brief blast down the Interstate and it was amazing how quickly the cages scrambled to get out of the way of the monstrous sound threatening to gobble them up from the rear. The two "Rs's" practically parted the red sea of traffic that is the I-95/I-695. Taching 7K to 10K, and letting the girls sing was better than any siren. >:D The looks on the faces of the Sunday commuters when they realized it was just a couple of bikes was worth a thousand words. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

We arrived back at Chris's place where I immediately removed 2/3's of my multiple layers of insulation and gear for fear of heat stroke. [cheeky] We enjoyed a tour of Casa de Robinson, some good conversation, a few laughs complements of the DML, and couple of bowls of chili and cornbread, with an Ice cold Cerveza. [thumbsup]

Alas our ride was short (only about 120miles :'() yet very enjoyable none the less. [thumbsup]

I know all to well how hard it is to make time to get in some really long rides when you have a time consuming career, a beautiful hard working wife, and a precious baby girl at home. :angel:

It was awesome to have been able to meet yet another wonderful Ducatista, an enthusiastic and skilled rider, and upstanding member of the DML. :)

Thanx for a fun weekend Chris, We'll have to do it again sometime in the near future. [thumbsup]

~Steve :)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
[thumbsup]
[cheeky]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
SHADOWCHASER said:
It was awesome to have been able to meet yet another wonderful Ducatista, an enthusiastic and skilled rider, and upstanding member of the DML. :)

~Steve :)
OK, your $20 is in the mail. I'll admit to the "enthusiastic" part at least but the rest is garbage.

Great time. Nice write up and great photos. Thanks.

Chris

why no, officer, that must have been the OTHER white Ducati that went past you. See here in this picture...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Wow that's a big dog....

:p

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Everything was going very well until you mentioned "upstanding member of the DML." There is no such thing. >:D

Looks like you guys had a great time! Beautiful pics all the way around. The gratuitous pic of the baby girl was very cool. :angel:

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
your whole family is a prime candidate for lasik. ;D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Statler said:
OK, your $20 is in the mail. I'll admit to the "enthusiastic" part at least but the rest is garbage.

Great time. Nice write up and great photos. Thanks.

Chris

why no, officer, that must have been the OTHER white Ducati that went past you. See here in this picture...
$20? Don't go getting cheap on me now Councilor. [cheeky] [laugh]

Always so modest. ;) Hope you get a chance to take in the "Track dayz" you want to next year, you'll have a blast! [thumbsup](Just please get some sliders on that beautiful Duc of yours. ;))

OK.........Well maybe "Upstanding" wasn't QUITE the correct descriptive to apply, but you definitely make you presence FELT around here. [cheeky] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

[laugh] You do that my friend, and don't plan on trying to ride through Oklahoma. [cheeky] Sis is a :police:. I'll be sure to tell her I have an evil twin. >:D [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Count Desmo said:
Everything was going very well until you mentioned "upstanding member of the DML." There is no such thing. >:D

Looks like you guys had a great time! Beautiful pics all the way around. The gratuitous pic of the baby girl was very cool. :angel:
Just wait till you see your writeup on the Canyon lands tour in May Jerimy. >:D [laugh] It was a great time! I think I've got Chris making plans for T-Birds 07' Ouray rally.?. [cheeky] [thumbsup] Having met you both, I know you two would really hit it off well. [thumbsup]

simonster said:
your whole family is a prime candidate for lasik. ;D
:) You know Chris "simonster's" post would be a very good Idea for you, if you're going to be doing the Track days next year.?. :-\
From what I understand from other riders who wear glasses its the only way to go! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Orfeas said:
Wow that's a big dog....

:p
Yeah I know Orfeas! :-\

"Cleo" evidently didnt quite trust a 6'3" gear clad boogieman, and made it very apparent! ;) She Growls as low or maybe even lower than the Rs's Termis. :eek: :eek: :eek: Even after I had removed my gear she was fixated on me watching my every move. (Great Dog! Really watches out for her family! [thumbsup])

Once she got used to me, and with Chris there, she became a HUGE lap dog! [cheeky] She kept leaning against my legs and blocking my departure when I was time to leave. [laugh]

(Good girl Cleo. I'll see ya next time. :).....Three steps.....Yes Cleo your a sweet girl. :-\.....two steps......Cleo you're a doll, but I've really got to get on my bike before it starts to rain. :p..........Quick side step through the gate and I was free. [clap] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh])

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lawyers Dad said:
Can you imagine the sound of those 4 cans in the tunnel?
Here is a shot of a former big dog. Guess this was his first monster.
Yes the tunnel on the Rs's is a definite must do for my next vistit! >:D ;)

That's an AWESOME shot LD! [clap] ;D Thanx for sharing! :) (Please note he's even got the riding position down. [laugh] All he needs is some Renthal bars, and he's set. [thumbsup])

Lawyers Dad said:
Nah, I want liposuction first! Would fit better around a Monster tank.
Chris said you planned on giving Gwendy's 620 a shot! [thumbsup] Post up with your riding impressions. ;) I'm sure everyone would love to hear them. :)

Thanx to you and your lovely wife for a wonderful evening Saturday. You have an OUTSTANDING family! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

BTW; I absolutely am loving your new "Sig" line! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Millertime said:
Isn't that grounds for being banned from the DML? [laugh]
Just wait till I see you again Wade! :mad: [laugh]

I'll bribe Mother to Pee inside your new Leo Vince's. [cheeky] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] BTW:Your new toaster Looks great! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I was wondering where you had disappeared to! [laugh] Forgot all about the ride, sounds like you guys had a great time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gordazo said:
Beyond beautiful, breathtaking.
Thanx gordazo! ;D I'm sure Statler appreciates it as well! :)

Hows the riding in Phoenix right now? I'll be headed there en route to LA, and SF next week. [thumbsup]

gr8ciehall said:
I was wondering where you had disappeared to! [laugh] Forgot all about the ride, sounds like you guys had a great time.
Ciao AM see what happens when you spread yourself too thin. [laugh] Can't wait to see your new fella in the spring! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ciao AM see what happens when you spread yourself too thin. [laugh] Can't wait to see your new fella in the spring! [thumbsup]

[/quote]
Soon.......Very Soon! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gr8ciehall said:

Soon.......Very Soon! :D
Let us know...........We'll throw a baby Duc shower for ya! ;D

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Wow, nice pics and write up Steve! Glad to see both yourself and Chris together and having a nice ride out together.. makes me kinda envious (the good way). The bikes both look absolutely ace!

Now, what do you guys eat to get that big?? Steve, how do you sit on the bike?

Chris, I´m glad you removed the "fork reflectors" off the dog!

Best regards,
Kurt

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NuTTs said:
Wow, nice pics and write up Steve! Glad to see both yourself and Chris together and having a nice ride out together.. makes me kinda envious (the good way). The bikes both look absolutely ace!

Now, what do you guys eat to get that big?? Steve, how do you sit on the bike?

Chris, I´m glad you removed the "fork reflectors" off the dog!

Best regards,
Kurt
Kurt I was just thinking how great it would have been to have had the third Amigo over from Madrid to join in the fray. :'( Then again that might have been enough noise and commotion to put us all in the pokey. >:D [cheeky]

I'll pm ya a shot from Maya's Cali adventure. ;) She does look so tiny with my big carcass aboard. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts