Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend looks like quite nice weather, so i'm going mountain riding. who wants to come? i'm open to either saturday or sunday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It looks like it's going to be gorgeous. I wonder why Alan hasn't posted a meetup yet. I'm open for any day. Is the "n00b" that knows how to ride, but thinks he doesn't going to join you? Let him know that I'm generally the slow "group".

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The nob will probably come along, although I haven't asked him yet about his weekend schedule. I'm thinking it would be better to leave a little later than we did last time, to miss the morning chill a bit.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I might... I might...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It really depends on how drunk I get Friday.
(Does that mean I have a problem?)

When/Where/What Time are you planning on meeting?

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has been decided that riding will be sunday, because it is super bowl day and therefore everyone else will stay home that day. i can't leave any sooner than 11, so that'll be about it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't heard yet, but we usually meet around 10 in up in Alpharetta. Take 400 to exit 11. At the end of the off ramp you take a right. Around a mile down the rode you'll see a CVS to your right. Next to that CVS in the plaza there's a Starbucks. You can't miss at least 6 Ducs and assorted European bikes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What: Saturday Ride

When: Saturday, February 2, 10:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meeting Description: Weather will be quite cold in the morning but supposedly will warm quickly. Meet at Starbucks at 10:00. We'll leave no later than 10:30 for the mtns. Hopefully the rain will have cleared the gravel problem and the roads will be OK. A always, you can meet the group at GA400 and Hwy 53 at the Shell station at this intersection in Dawsonville if that's more convenient. Check your directions for Starbucks. It's GA400 to Windward Pkwy Exit. Turn right go less than a mile. When you see the CVS on the right turn in and Starbucks is in the plaza on the left. Any questions my cell is 678-234-7981.
Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
105 Posts
I might need to go with you guys on Sunday, since my wife is now making plans for Saturday. Do you want to meet at that same Starbucks to make it easier?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
scienceiscool said:
we're coming from downtown, so anywhere near the highway works. we can do starbucks if that's best for you.
Hmmm...

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have to drug rats at 10, so we can probably be up to windward at 12. if you pm me your phone number i can call you exactly when we're leaving.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I told myself I wasn't going to pick up my office phone today.
I've done pretty well at this all day. Up until a few minutes ago. I just forgot, and picked it up.

It was the bossman.

I'm out. I gotta work both mornings. Goddamn my life is turning into Office Space, the ****ing plotter has been giving me **** all morning. I'm about to drag it outside and get the crew to run over it with a bucket truck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't heard anything from the other group, so 12:00 sounds good. Dude, we're meeting at 12, just work a couple of hours and join us!! I guess we'll grab a late lunch up in the mountains. I'll PM you my number.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
So... how was it?
What did I miss?

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was cool. I'm going to post a couple of pics later this morning. In a nutshell, we met at 12:30 and rode around until we found a rode with gravel and a really cool ice wall. Started raining after that so we stopped at a little store and drank some warm cider. The ride down was a bit cold and wet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts