Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 750cc Monster. When I give the bike some throttle the power pulses. It will accellerate fine for the first second or so than bog down for a second or so than accellerate, bog, accel.... It will continue to do this until I am cruising at a constant speed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The 2000's were carbed, right? How many miles has it done?

If you've got 30k or mor miles on it, my guess is worn needle jets. Does it sort cough and stumble a bit if you cruise at 40-ish for a minute or two?

big

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has never died completely and the power is fine when cruising. I plan to give it a good tune up, just start eliminating possibilities.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
VermontDuc said:
My 2000 M750 does the exact same thing. 1st and 2nd gear slightly on the throttle it jerks.

I plan to check the throttle cables, fuel filter, and then start looking at the carbs.

I am just wondering... Is it possible this is a carb sync issue? How about a sign of needing a valve job?

Supposedly my bike only has 5000 miles on it, but I'm not sure that's accurate and I only just got the bike.

Any input would be appreciated.
a good carb sync is always good practice and so is all the other checks that you plan to do, do all that and see where you're at and let us know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts