Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Girlfriend took them yesterday. Getting a bit cold here in CT but I'm not gonna put her away just yet! Love the bike more and more with each new ride! ;D

Attachments

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Re: Here are a few pics of my Monster and I

I'll be the first to say....... ;D

more pics of the bike and the girl, less pics of you...

Q

Congrats, enjoy New England year around, There is nothing more fun that a monster in the cold rain.... well maybe chinese twins.... >:D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

... a few pics of my monster and me.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts

Congrats, I just bought the same bike and I can't stop riding it. I'm in NJ and it's getting cold here as well. I ripped off the back pegs and license plate mount last night which makes it soooo much better. I also switched to a 14T front sprocket which I think I'm regretting. Anyway good luck with her.

·
Registered
401 Posts

peppeVR6 said:
My Girlfriend took them yesterday. Getting a bit cold here in CT but I'm not gonna put her away just yet! Love the bike more and more with each new ride! ;D

Where in CT are you? Im from the New Haven area.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts

Nice! You girlfriend takes the pics and doesn't mind the other girl getting cozy with you?
Sweet! ;)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Oh God I knew I posted this too early in the morning. You guys are rough! My girlfriend's sister took the pictures! As far as English goes I was taught it isnt' proper to say and me, but then again I could be wrong! I live in Cromwell, CT and work in Hartford.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

the more and more I think about it and me sounds better! Here are a few pics of the monster and me! How about that? In any case I am tempted to drive home now and pic the bike up since the roads are drying up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
+3 got mine about mid august and put almost 3,000 miles on it since. Had a s2r for about 60 days than decided I needed to upgrade since I was going to trade it in next season for something I want to keep for a while. Love the bike added arrow slipons with out the full system replacement because I wanted to be nice to my neighbors. Bad enough I wake them up every morning around 6:00 am before I go to work. Cant stop riding any day its dry out I am riding will not stop riding until it starts frosting over. Have fun be safe and ride for your life.

-ghost

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts

peppeVR6 said:
Oh God I knew I posted this too early in the morning. You guys are rough! My girlfriend's sister took the pictures! As far as English goes I was taught it isnt' proper to say and me, but then again I could be wrong! I live in Cromwell, CT and work in Hartford.
You've got some nice riding around you, either east or west. I'm in eastern CT, Waterford to be precise, and I've been putting the bike away around Thanksgiving, we get some nice days any time in the winter but the sand is a bitch.

As far as the grammar, the easy way to tell if you should use "and I" or "and me" is what would you say if the noun preceding "and" weren't there? You wouldn't say "here are some pics of I" would you?

David B.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

qfactor said:
Congrats, enjoy New England year around, There is nothing more fun that a monster in the cold rain.... well maybe chinese twins.... >:D
mmmm....chinese twins....

or did you mean

·
Registered
401 Posts
peppeVR6, where did you get your duc?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought the bike from Gengras Harley/Buell/Ducati in East Hartford. They are actually moving the Ducati dealership into a building down the road with Triumph and BMW. They are calling it the Euro dealership. I had no idea that Libbey's in New Haven had their franchise bought out by Gengras. This happened 5 months ago. If I had known that the new bike would have been purchased back in June.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
That Nice Guy Beck said:
Delovley why do you regret 14t?
I dunno it just feels choppier when riding it. I really didn't know what to expect with it. It definitely winds out 1st gear faster and keeps the RPM's up. I'm new to Ducati's (2006 S2R 1000) and the feeling of first gear felt groggy so I thought the 14T would eliminate that. It's still groggy and just feels different but not really better if that makes sense. Also, when In 3rd gear and I pin the throttle it almost feels as if the back wheel shakes a little bit and doesn't feel stable at first. I'm mechanically terrible so I don't know how to put on a sprocket but I'm guessing it's not too difficult for Ducati mechanics. I still have the old sprocket so I may go back to have them test ride it and make sure it's doing what I purchased or possibly put the 15T back on. It was just a cheap upgrade so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah, wow. She sure is beautiful. I'd LOVE to ride her. Maybe if I'm up your way one day you'll let me take her for a spin.

Oh, your bike is nice looking to [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Here's a picture of me also............oh, and my bike is there too [thumbsup]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are sick! Figures my girlfriend is right here next to me reading this! Helmet? I don't wear no stinking helmet! No just kidding. I ride 95% of the time with one unless I am going down my street and back to warm the bike up. I have one of those Suomy Ducati 80's helmets coming in soon!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.