Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ducati 620 monster has knocking noise

This issue occured when ever I accelerate and seems too come from the left side of engine, fluids are at correct level and I have a feeling it's the timing mechanism, any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
As an update, I took a pretty lengthy ride yesterday, weather was much warmer, stop and go traffic and spirited riding, and I am adament that the wrap has made a substantial difference. I'm quite happy and would wrap my headers again in a heart beat.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
I bought wrap and plan on doing mine this weekend. Did you take the pipes off the bike completely or were you able to wrap them while still on the bike?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought wrap and plan on doing mine this weekend. Did you take the pipes off the bike completely or were you able to wrap them while still on the bike?
I was able to do it on the bike. Wraps are different, if you got the same I suggested, wet the first 6 inches of the wrap while putting it on the bike. It helps immensely with grip while twisting the wrap on. Otherwise it tends to just spin and makes getting the first few wraps tight difficult.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to do it on the bike. Wraps are different, if you got the same I suggested, wet the first 6 inches of the wrap while putting it on the bike. It helps immensely with grip while twisting the wrap on. Otherwise it tends to just spin and makes getting the first few wraps tight difficult.

I did mine yesterday. I ended up cutting like 15 feet of the wrap off and soaking that whole portion before wrapping the pipes. Turned out very well and I can't believe how much cooler the bike was on my way home from work today in 91 degree weather

21 - 24 of 24 Posts