Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a drill-press that can help me drill ~12 bolts for safety wiring?

I can buy the bits (if you tell me what to get).

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Can you take it to Norman? I bet they'd do it for next to nothing.

If you're in a bind, I've got a vice, a power drill, and a fairly steady hand... [laugh]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not really up their alley. They *could* do it... and a shop could do it. I was looking to save some money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tigre - Did you get your holes drilled? Ifyer still lookin', I've got a drill press and a cross-slide vise, but I don't have one of the fancy drilling jigs. I'm in Mill Valley up in Marin. (And yes, Drill Press Ownership is an explicit reason for why I live in suburbia.)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a volunteer to help -- I just need to get my bike back so I can mark the bolts and pull them off.

Hopefully it'll be back by Saturday -- I'll call Desmoto tomorrow and check. They told me they were going to start with the valves today.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Tigre said:
I've got a volunteer to help -- I just need to get my bike back so I can mark the bolts and pull them off.

Hopefully it'll be back by Saturday -- I'll call Desmoto tomorrow and check. They told me they were going to start with the valves today.
I just saw your bike at Desmoto while I dropped off DESMOQ. The exhaust is back on, but it was parked in the same place it was when I saw it last week sans exhaust...right next to Corbino's bike. That 749 is a nice-looking ride...can't wait to see the Tigre livery on it.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Things are moving forward on the bike. Should be ready (sans paint, but with orange seat) for January 23.

Cheers,
Tigre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts