Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I really need to paint my engine. Has anyone done it without pulling it all apart??? Just wanna refresh the orriginal matt silver finish.

Secondly, can I powdercoat the clutch plate cover and valve rollers?? Would you recommend painting instead???

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I've had my clutchplate and rear coil powdercoated. It looks great and is more durable than regular painting. The problem I ran into though is since I wanted red and red is used infrequently I had to pay the minimum charge. If you are going to a commonly used color they just add your piece to the job and it'll be cheap. I guess changing color runs is a bit of work, they have to clean the lines of the previous color etc. I went the powdercoat route because the anodized red doesn't match the red wheels. Since I had to pay the minimum charge ($100) I added two coil springs to the order for no extra $. Make sure you show them what needs to be taped off. I only had the face powdered but he also hit the bearing race so I had to dremel it clean before re-installing the bearing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool!!!!! Did you have to replace the bearing, or can you you the old one????

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea why all my messages end with a frowny face ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts