Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been on a long and exhaustive search (whilst lurking on these boards) looking for my first monster… and I think I may have finally found her: a 2005 S2R (dark, of course). [thumbsup]

The problem is that I’m currently working in India (no… not part of “The Outsourcing of America”) and then I’ll be traveling on my honeymoon with my new bride to Bali, New Zealand and Sydney... so I won’t be back in the good old USA until Jan 1. The seller has agreed to hold the bike until I return in January for a small deposit ($500). Here is where I need some help…

This is my first bike and I don’t think it’s real smart for me to try and ride it up the 405 from Carlsbad to the South Bay because, (1) I’d be too nervous on the freeway; and (2) the bike is still within the break in period (only about 500 miles). Does anyone here travel to/from North County San Diego and would be willing to trailer it back for me?

Also, I was wondering if any DMLer would give me a one hour tour of the S2R. I’ll admit that I’m a complete newb and I’m not mechanically inclined! I have taken the MSF course, but the course only covered basic riding techniques and safety on the road. I’d just like someone to show me the basics of the actual bike (of course I’ll read the user manual from front to back).

I would be willing to reasonably compensate someone for assisting me with both of the above items or I’d be willing to trade services... whatever I can help with.

Please let me know.

Vader

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
welcome!

i'd be happy to walk you over the s2r, as i own one, but there are many more qualified than i to truly give you the technical overview ;D

Whereabouts are you located in the South Bay? There are a few members in both North County and South Bay with trucks/trailers that could possibly be bribed with alcohol/food/carbon fiber. >:D

G

·
I own a s2r would be happy to show the ropes.Also, you are welcome to store your bike in my garage for free. Use the $500.00 on something better. I live in Long Beach just up the road

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
There are a few of us in the South Bay once you secure your scooter. PV Dr. is a fun little run to cut your teeth on. You just have to be lapping before 7am to get a clean lap.

Post up when your back. If nothing else you can get a good laugh at a few old guys in tight red leather outfits.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If the others fall through, I can help. You can either:

1. Borrow my trailer

2. I can haul it in my big red rig. :)

I can help anytime that first week of the year as I am in town.

Lester

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks SO MUCH to all who've responded!!!! I really appreciate it... this is a great community, with some terrific people... and I can't wait to be part of it [thumbsup]

Once I get the final details from the seller, I'll contact the folks who responded to this thread and see who is still available... hopefully ducman851 will still be able to assist... an enclosed trailer would keep my new baby nice and clean... I'll be in touch.

sqweak said:
Whereabouts are you located in the South Bay?
I live in Manhattan Beach... I'll give full/proper introduction, doughnuts/beer and all... once I get my new Duc.

Vader

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah, if you're looking for a re-fi or a 2nd on your house... ;D

sqweak said:
^^^
and John would be one of the aforementioned (way!) "more qualified than i" ;D [laugh] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
sqweak said:
^^^
and John would be one of the aforementioned (way!) "more qualified than i" ;D [laugh] [thumbsup]
Dont sell yerself short Sqweak, thats Mags job now ;D

"just realized I put the clients name I was talking to in there" :p

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
sqweak said:
^^^
ducman851 said:
Dont sell yerself short Bruce, thats Mags job now ;D
BOOM!

(this is funny on a few different levels ;D [laugh])

1 - 13 of 13 Posts