Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have one of these? The Ferracci and Sil systems are the same. I have some questions about clearance through the rear swingarm (aluminum on a 2000 900S). Mine contacts the side of the swingarm hard, and I am about to cut and weld it... was yours the same?

(PS, Ferracci has been great and is willing to swap or accept return. But I just want the exhaust and suspect they are all the same. If they are all the same, swapping with Ferracci won't help. I am just trying to confirm this before cutting and welding.)
Carl

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes currently the pipes offered from FBF are Sil motor. As far as clearance goes, have you tried just to "pull" the muffler away from the swingarm ? or is the connection tube ? Most pipes are a tight fit and often require a little tweaking to make fit properly.. good luck !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your S pipe should have a flat side or it might be too far set back. An alternative to cutting might be heating the pipe on one side and flattening it some more.

I found the Sil S pipe to be very poor quality, mine rubbed also.

Post a pic of it so we can give some constructive advice, or non-constructive as it might be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your S pipe should have a flat side or it might be too far set back.quote]
No this isn't what I'm talking about. These are low pipes, and I'm talking about where the rear header goes THRU the swingarm. Does anyone else have the full system?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my low FBF full system about a year ago - fit great, no rubbage on '00 900ie (not S model, thus no alum swing arm). Might the dimensions of the swing arms be different? Good luck - Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tofdah, can you tell me how close the header comes to your chain? Like could you take a measurement? My pipe contact the swingarm just below the chain and has almost no clearance from the chain, it will hit as the chain wiggle around...
Thanks!
Carl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carl - measures 5/16" clearance between inner plate of chain and header (rivet prolly extends a bit further). Guestimate 3/16 between inner side of swing arm & pipe, same between front cross member & pipe. No signs of rubbage anywhere. I can just deflect the chain by hand to barely touch the header. Header's 45mm OD, no flat spots. Hope this helps - I've been very happy with mine. Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tom! That data actually really helps. What I have learned is that mine isn't off by too much. Obviously, it should not contact the swingarm hard like it does, but it's good to know all I need to gain is a 3/16 of clearance. Thanks!
C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts