Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like if I disassemble everything again and reroute the clutch and electrical I can get the left side on, the right is another matter. The brake line is just not long enough to reach (or so it appears). I am still waiting on my longer throttle cable to arrive. Anyone else get this setup to work on the S4Rs. Just wondering if I am missing somethign.
Thanks!
Rob

PS: Pone, don't say a word, not one!! :)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Re: Help with CycleCat DBR43 and DTC07 install, anyone else run out of cable (S4

If you didn't allready, give cycleCat a call. They may be able to get you through.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Try rotating your brake lines down at the masters.
Should be able to do it without getting any air in the line.

Electrical should just be able to re-route

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that I have it....

Spoke with Gary at cyclecat and tried his suggestion, that failed and I had to pull all the front off and triple again(what a mess) and re-route the brake and electrics. The left side had to come out behind the triple, which doesn't look as nice, but wft, it is about function anyway. Since my throttle cable didn't show today, I am on hold. I just mocked everything up and it looks like nothing is going to bind up. I think this would be much easier with 3 hands. Thanks for the suggestions.
Rob

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Once it's all done, give us a report back on how much clearance your front wheel has left. Someone's tried a CC top triple before on an s4rs and there were issues.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re: Help with CycleCat DBR43 and DTC07 install, anyone else run out of cable (S4

how much higher are they?

i have the Speedymoto clamps and my bar is higher. while everything had to be removed (headlamp bracket, instruments, etc.) to pull everything up, it still fits fine.

give us a little more info

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Report:

I don't think that the bars are that much higher.
I had to run the brake and left hand electrics out the side of the bike instead of in front of the triple-tree. I don't think it looks as nice.
Also, the DTC07 and DBR43 don't give as much flexability as I thought in positioning the brake/clutch levers. I would be able to get more if I drill extra holes for the nubs on the kill switch and throttle. I may have to do that to get better positioning. The nutty thing is, I don't really think that I needed the longer throttle cable after all. I just ran it out the side also. I will try and get a few photos today and post them. I need to go get some hair spray for the left and grip and then bolt on the screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more time... Pulled the front off and triple and rerouted again....

I had to zip tie the lines behind the head light all the way as far possbile toward the right side (seating). I noticed that when I put the head light on, it would push the brake line out of position. I finall got enough line to allow some movement on the brake leaver and still have slack in the brake line for the front forks to fully extend without binding. After sniping some ties I was able to route the clutch back inside the fork leg. I think that I am done. Completion time about as expected. 3 hours x RobFactor (5) = 15 hours...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can see in this picture how far over I had to move the brake line...

the "Y" for the lines is way over on the right side. Still the brake line is pretty tight, but I think it will work for where I want the bars.
rob

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts

Alternate setup question: Could you just clamp them under the TC, would that solve both problems?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unrazzo, yes, if I had mounted them low, there would have been plenty of cable..

and probably would not even need the throttle cable lengthend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Statler: I used the CycleCat Triple and riser adapters...

so, I did not need to slide the tubes up. No clearance issues!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no, i bought the riser adapters so I did not have to put them under. You would need different risers to put them on the side, which may make a longer strech for the cables. The CC risers that I have will not mount under the triple with the CC triple installed. They may work with the stock triple, but I didn't test that before putting things together. I don't see any reason why one of the risers wouldn't work. You would need side mount risers.

Let me try and come at this another way, I think the reason that folks had clearance problems is that they tried to mount the risers on top of the triple by sliding the forks up and claming the risers to the top of the tubes. IF you want to put them under the triple, I can't see where there would be an issue.

I used the CC triple and riser "adapters" on top so that I did not need to slide the tubes up and change the geometry of the bike.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts

with those riser adaptors, do you have to hunch over the bike a lot more, or with that setup over the triple to you find it very close to the stock bars in height. I would like to do that exact setup, but i am not sure if it would be more of a wise move to get the rearsets first.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rearsets were on backorder :)

the position is pretty close to stock with the db43 and the riser adapters. What I can do is change the angle and get some wrist relief. I think when rotated all the way up they are about 1" taller than stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts