Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thank you. ^

I guess I also tend to forget that hardware resources have evolved over time to the Lowes/HomeDepot mixed up assortment of cheap bits. Result of all of the small hardware store closures.

If anyone contemplates replacing fasteners I strongly urge them to do some serious reading and then buy from a reputable vendor. Case in point, I routinely replace hardware with Titanium, but if the attachment is critical, I will try http://store.mettec.com/ first. If it is a high grade fastener, it will also be cosmetically superior.

As for SS, I have found that the pieces sold by Ace Hardware/the big boxes to be suitable, but not for critical joints/motor internals.

Apologize for the thread high jack. :embarassed:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, it's possible hold the reservoirs in place with the same mirror bolts or it is impossible, I don't have the bike yet, so I can't check it out, I'm trying to solve things in advance so I minimize the struggle to the minimum once I get the bike, and this mirror thing will be the first thing I'll do, I already tried the bike and the mirrors are the worst thing of it, please tell me if I can put back the reservoirs after remove the mirrors without extra hardware, thank you

·
Registered
139 Posts
So, it's possible hold the reservoirs in place with the same mirror bolts or it is impossible, I don't have the bike yet, so I can't check it out, I'm trying to solve things in advance so I minimize the struggle to the minimum once I get the bike, and this mirror thing will be the first thing I'll do, I already tried the bike and the mirrors are the worst thing of it, please tell me if I can put back the reservoirs after remove the mirrors without extra hardware, thank you

Yes Macaco ..it is possible .... dont have to buy anything but a few washers if you dont have them already .... just use the same bolts ..... now without the mirrors there will be a space to fill.... fill it with the spacers ..... washers,spacers ... whichever please you jajajajaja .... look at my pics ... the right one is the same bolt that I took out .... be carefull though when turning ... remember is clockwise to unscrew ... reverse thread

saludos cordiales

Cheers

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think we wrote at the same time ..... :D

also I am pretty sure the the "Olddumb" that Sonic wrote was in a good way reffering to old knowlege from old bikers ...

cheers my fellow riders
Oh no, I was being an ass. Being an old biker myself I know they are full of self righteous shite. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes Macaco ..it is possible .... dont have to buy anything but a few washers if you dont have them already .... just use the same bolts ..... now without the mirrors there will be a space to fill.... fill it with the spacers ..... washers,spacers ... whichever please you jajajajaja .... look at my pics ... the right one is the same bolt that I took out .... be carefull though when turning ... remember is clockwise to unscrew ... reverse thread

saludos cordiales

Cheers
Bono you da man bro, thanks a lot, I was worried that I would not be able to put the new mirrors until I find the right hardware, which believe me it's not easy in Mexico sometimes. Thaaaaaaaanks a lot man.
One last thing, can you send a picture of some washers or spacers that you recommend me to use please. If you can't no big deal, I'll look it up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bono you da man bro, thanks a lot, I was worried that I would not be able to put the new mirrors until I find the right hardware, which believe me it's not easy in Mexico sometimes. Thaaaaaaaanks a lot man.
One last thing, can you send a picture of some washers or spacers that you recommend me to use please. If you can't no big deal, I'll look it up.
This is how I had it before .... washers

Mirrors 2.jpg

this is later with a silicon (plastic) spacer .... looks a bit nicer until i find that short reverse thread or cut a regular if I find it

Mirrors 3.jpg

Hope this help

Cheers

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is how I had it before .... washers

View attachment 173537

this is later with a silicon (plastic) spacer .... looks a bit nicer until i find that short reverse thread or cut a regular if I find it

View attachment 173545

Hope this help

Cheers
this to me is the way to go. i looked at my bike yesterday and reversing the clamp would not work because it appears when you turn the handlebars the post would connect with the tank. After somebody posted that a simple tip over will cause the handlebars to bend no way will i risk a puncture of the tank by reversing the clamp. i like the silicone spacer i used stainless and I get some tarnish on the spacer. Plus I can lose some weight and go faster:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Question about the CRG adapter itself, 2014 1200 here and the 7/8ths adapter will not fit into the bar ends. The two pieces that over lap the angle cut pieces are slightly too large. Did you scrap those 2 pieces or did I not purchase the right adapters? See picture....no fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
CRG Billet Internal Adapter For CRG Bar End Mirror SKU: 875920 compare this SKU number with the one you have

Please measure Internal Diameter (ID) of your handlebars or clip-on bars prior to ordering:
7/8" size range 12mm to 19mm ID
1" size range 18.3mm to 22.25mm ID

I think you may had gotten the 1 inch ones ..... I bought the adapter for 7/8 a fitted perfect
measure the internal diameter and the diameter of the adapter

good luck
Cheers

·
Registered
532 Posts
Question about the CRG adapter itself, 2014 1200 here and the 7/8ths adapter will not fit into the bar ends. The two pieces that over lap the angle cut pieces are slightly too large. Did you scrap those 2 pieces or did I not purchase the right adapters? See picture....no fit.
Will the pieces from the your bar ends work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The stock bar ends will work and controls only need to be moved in about 2mm, so I may just do that. Oddly the measurements don't match CRG's description, the adapter is 16mm which doesn't match the 1'' adapter. The 2014 1200 bar end is 14mm. I liked the adapter bar end look but this clearly won't work.

Packaging says its the 7/8ths adapter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you move the angle cut pieces away from the bar end slightly? If I remember right, mine had to be in a certain spot to fit together properly.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
the angle pieces are away from the bar end so that they are flush and able to be inserted. Only thing i can think of going off the description unless someone else has installed this on a 2014 bar end is the the angled pieces maybe only separate 3mm, so for bar ends 12-15mm you don't use the housing brackets, then the housing brackets are used for 16-19mm bar ends.

the housing bracket is 16mm (split into 2 half circles), so even 1 of them doesn't fit into the bar end.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts