Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a clear alternative LED tailight (without signals) and installed it and....nothing. I emailed them and they sent me another one right away which was much appreciated. I installed it and again....nothing. When I put the standard 1157 bulb back in it works no problem. I emailed CA again, but did not hear back from them and I kinda don't blame them if they've washed their hands of the situation. I'm sure they don't want to keep sending me LED boards, especially if it's something I'm doing wrong at my end.

If anyone has any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, please set me straight. If it turns out it's something I've screwed up I will return one of the boards to CA.

·
Banned
897 Posts
Not sure how the CA ones are set up, but is there an independant ground that needs to be connected somewhere?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so.....all three wires are glued into an end that plugs right into the socket where the 1157 bulb plugs into

·
Banned
897 Posts
I had some 1157 type LEDs that I couldn't get to work but the regular 1157's were fine. Turned out to be the cheesy contacts in the tail light housing. Agian, I have no idea how the CA's are set up, but if it's just an 1157 base pigtail, I'd check the contacts.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ddan said:
I had some 1157 type LEDs that I couldn't get to work but the regular 1157's were fine. Turned out to be the cheesy contacts in the tail light housing. Agian, I have no idea how the CA's are set up, but if it's just an 1157 base pigtail, I'd check the contacts.
perhaps that's the issue, although I've heard good things here about the quality of CA products. I hope that's not the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts