Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm getting 07 695 dark tonight! Yay!
I want to get feed back from you about modification.
What can I do with this bike?
What should I start with? Thanks!!!!

Can you be specific?
Any help will be appreciated. :D
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Yep i agree with Hooligan, ride it for a while. see how u like it. if you wanna do a chop, risers, clip ons, clutch cover so on and so forth for appearance. then for performance there is a variatable cornicopia of things you can think of: chain, sprocket's, clutch, carb/injectors/throttlebody, cams, pistons, wheels, so on and so forth. its all unique to the rider. if you like it buy it, and if it aint broke dont fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep i agree with Hooligan, ride it for a while. see how u like it. if you wanna do a chop, risers, clip ons, clutch cover so on and so forth for appearance. then for performance there is a variatable cornicopia of things you can think of: chain, sprocket's, clutch, carb/injectors/throttlebody, cams, pistons, wheels, so on and so forth. its all unique to the rider. if you like it buy it, and if it aint broke dont fix it.
Hi, what kind of clutch cover is available?
I believe 695 is wet clutch correct? Does that mean I can not see the moving parts inside? I think those are really cool.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Hi, what kind of clutch cover is available?
I believe 695 is wet clutch correct? Does that mean I can not see the moving parts inside? I think those are really cool.
Thanks!
Not sure if your bike has a wet clutch; however, if it does you are correct, you can't have an open cover.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
correct. just putting things in perspective on the nearly unlimited possibilities for the monster.

·
Registered
635 Posts
On the exhaust note, Arrows are Italian, less expensive than Termignoni and some others. If you're gonna get an exhaust, think all it involves, open top airbox, FI controller, urge to ride often or more often than usual, then, ..., so many things.

I've replaced[so far]: spark plug cables w/spark plugs, now Iridium, installed a PowerCard FI controller, will install lightweigth flywheel, adjustable brake and clutch levers[as soon as they arrive], clear lens stop light, LED turn signals, Renthal 7/8" bar, RhinoMoto bar ends, EBC HH brake pads up front, painted the master cylinder reservoirs covers, replaced mirrors and went back to OEM[for visibility issues]; still saving for: rear sets[aftermarket], wheels, big brakes kit[320mm rotors with radial master and radial clutch master], 'indestructible alloy rear sprocket, 14Tfront sprocket, black or red or gold colored chain, Rizoma clip ons, ...know I'm forgeting something, but, it's Friday, tired as hell, need beer...

Enjoy modifying your M695...Don't forget, keep up posted with pictures of now, before and after...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had my black/red 2007 M695 for 2 yrs now and the only mod so far is the 14T front sprocket. It reduces the tall standard gearing and means 6th gear is more usable. This is such a great bike you don't really have to do much more, who am I kidding. So for looks and a tiny amount of rise I'm sticking 22mm Rizoma bars ( in black) on with black Rizoma bar ends and getting the Termi raised silencers with ECU and filter. I love the look of the raised Termi's the sound of course and the raised ones actually increase the torque more than the Standard mount Termi's. The power gain is fairly small, but the engine breathes easier and they sound viscious. Also getting a short carbon hugger for looks, open up the back a bit, and possibly Rizoma Dynamic black mirrors, they look sweet and sit lower than stock.

Cheers,

SF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts