Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,

I've got myself an alarm system[about year and a half ago], OEM Ducati, Spyball model AM/8010SG, that has two things that I actually don't know what to do with them:

1. Blue wire that's for contact switches???
2. White wires for 'pasively arming the engine inmobilizer'; it says, to insulate them to activate this feature or to connect them to deactivate this feature, which one should I do?

Plus, I've got LED turn signals all around, do I need to connect them[the fronts] for the alarm system to work?

Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I personally installed a viper 350hv because you can do a proximity switch. Now it will chirp if someone comes within 6 feet and alarm at two-three feet. also instant trigger if its bumped. As for the white wires, just dead end them. Crimp caps and tape should do. Leave some room in case you change your mind. Blue wire... beats me on how to integrate any other sensors onto there unit.
The turn signals don't have to be connected unless you want them to blink on arm/disarm.
Good luck!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally installed a viper 350hv because you can do a proximity switch. Now it will chirp if someone comes within 6 feet and alarm at two-three feet. also instant trigger if its bumped. As for the white wires, just dead end them. Crimp caps and tape should do. Leave some room in case you change your mind. Blue wire... beats me on how to integrate any other sensors onto there unit.
The turn signals don't have to be connected unless you want them to blink on arm/disarm.
Good luck!
thanks oregonduckrider,

i'll do just that..,but, will connect the blinkers...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just be careful, you may have to relay isolate them so both blinkers don't blink when the alarm is off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts