Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I did a search on "rear tire change" S2r rear tire" and "tire change" but I did get any definitive hits on how to take off the rear tire on an 05 S2R single side swing arm. please direct me to the right link. I also checked ducati suite. Any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
1. Get SSS type rear stand, put bike on it
2. Remove safety clip from nut
3. Get 46mm socket and really long breaker bar
4. Stand on right side of bike, push down on foot brake while pulling up on bar (left-y loose-y) to break nut loose.
5. loosen nut and wheel should come off. If not, unbolt right side passenger footrest (also need to remove backscrew of side cover) Then remove the mounting bolt for the mufflers. Put foot against bike, pull out on mufflers, work wheel out.

Install is reverse of take apart, only when torquing the nut, I torque to 108 ft-lb then tighten slightly until the notches in nut line up with holes in axle.

;D

·
Registered
969 Posts
If you have ever taken a rear wheel off of a conventional swing arm bike...you will absolutely love the SSS...makes rear wheel removal and replacement a breeze!!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man you guys are awesome. Wheel taken in to replace the flat diablo (with a huge puncture) with a Pilot Power. Rode the bike for an hour and everythig is cool. I think I like these Powers more than the diablo's and I haven't even hit hardcore canyons yet. Again thanks a million. [thumbsup]

·
Banned
523 Posts
chris said:
If not, unbolt right side passenger footrest (also need to remove backscrew of side cover) Then remove the mounting bolt for the mufflers. Put foot against bike, pull out on mufflers, work wheel out.
Even with having to remove the cans, you can have the wheel off in under 3 minutes. WAY easier than DSS set up IMHO. A good stand with a slide-through stop bar is essential though. Joe X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts