Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have stated before, I am mechanically retarded. I'm slowly learning. Anyways, I'm about to remove my emission cannister and I have read the instructions on the FAQ and am still a little nervous. A) Does anybody offer really simple step by step with pictures instructions? The link on DML for that type of site isn't working. B) Is there any way that I can harm my bike if I do it wrong? Are there any worst case possibilities?
Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If you don't properly plug the lines into the carburetors or throttle bodies, you'll have a lean condition and it will be difficult to tune properly for low speed running. If you plug a vent line to the fuel tank you'll have other problems with it acting like it's running out of gas when it isn't. So yes, you can cause problems of you botch the job.

I've left the emissions stuff on my Monster and ST2.

M

·
0 Posts
I remosed the emis on mine last friday,following the pocedure
on this web site(for s4),everything went well.
I think strati gave easy to follow instruction...
I'm glad too because evething i read was like hieroglyph

Robert

M

·
0 Posts
If you don't mind shelling out $25 (costs less then $2 if you hunt down the parts yourself) TPO makes a kit with good
instructions with pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Yeah I'm an ignoramous and I got the kit from evoluzione; easy as pie to install for morons like me! Well worth the 25 bones, but that was when i had 25 bones, now I have not, but I also have no emissions crap now either. Huh. Go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts