Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I have a 2004 MS4R, Pulled the bike out of winter storage with a fresh battery, turned the key, clocks lit up, heard a whine from the fuel sender and hit the starter switch and....... nothin. Did this several times and nothing happened, I did notice as I hit the starter switch the fuel light would go on quickly, about 1/10th of a second, then shut off. This is driving me nuts. Now that I think about it I didnt here the starter, but who could hear anything over all that swearing. Any opinions or direction are welcome. ;D

Z

·
0 Posts
Check your kill switch and make sure that you hit the starter button within 15 seconds of turning the key.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hit the stater switch within the 15 seconds and nuthin...
I'm still perplexed, I keep thinking the starter did'nt turn over. I could be wrong. Thanks ???

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You could have a loose wire or a bad starter solenoid. You can always try jumping the two terminals on the solenoid to see if it cranks over. Then you'll at least know where to look next.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Could be the ECU as well. I had this happen to me. Every thing worked but the starter button did nothing. I was able to push start the bike, jump the starter bike would run. I checked soleniods both good. Finally took bike in and had ECU replaced.

Your battery could be dead or have to low of a voltage as well to start the bike.

Z

·
0 Posts
If none of our "quick fixes" are doing the trick, take it in to your dealer. Hopefully you are able to push start the bike and get it there like Andrew suggested.
The dealer should be able to pinpoint the problem in a couple of minutes.
That's what warranties are for, right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, all the suggestions will help me get a start on this. It's a good thing we have people with the tech know how. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts